Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The October Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Sunday the 18th of October is the date for our October Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion. We even have a running 914 at my house so we should be able to fill the parking lot with Low-self-esteem Porsche cars or egomaniac VW's if you will... At any rate, be there and have a donut and coffee with the gang!

Family Donuts and Deli at 9045 Fair Oaks Blvd. Corner of Fair Oaks Blvd. and San Juan Avenue 0900 to Noonish...

Please note the date change from the original announcement as I want everyone to go to the Redwood Region Autocross on the 17th! driving.gif
biosurfer1
Looks like I'll be there and with any luck, with my 914
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

This will be something of a two day event as we are going to get a caravan of guys to drive down to Santa Rosa for the Redwood Region Autocross on Saturday the 17th and then get together on Sunday to brag or cry! See you at the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion October Edition!
RoadGlue
Don't think I'll be able to make the auto-x (they don't allow spectators, right?), but I'd love to meet up for lunch afterward if you guys aren't totally beat to hell.
ConeDodger

The Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion is having an outing! First on Saturday the 17th we will caravan to Santa Rosa and an autocross at Charles Shultz Airport put on by Redwood Region. First car out is not until 10am sharp so we can leave at a decent hour so as to be there for registration by 9:30am. Then, Sunday the 18th we can get together at the donut shop and brag or cry depending on perspective.

After the autocross maybe we can meet up with Randy at a double secret Burger Joint in downtown Santa Rosa. Randy introduced McMark to it, McMark introduced me. Let's just say the burgers are good and you shouldn't miss it.

Who is in?

Randy, I think they do allow spectators but they close the gate and if you leave you cannot come back in until lunch. Check the Redwood Region site and contact David Bunch for details.
ConeDodger

Be the first one on your block to step up and say you will commit to the two day Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion weekend. (you don't have to do both days). First, Saturday the 17th we caravan down to Santa Rosa and do our best to take top times at the Redwood Region Autocross. Then Sunday the 18th, we get together at the donut shop and brag or cry about Saturday! Who's in??? driving.gif
ConeDodger

Remember to save the date October 18th for the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! 9am to noonish... Be there. biggrin.gif
McMark
Lunch on the 17th might be possible for me.

Unless they changed their rules, you can spectate, but you must get there before they start because once the gates close, they don't open again until lunch time/end of day.
laflaur
Click to view attachment

Hey Rob, I think the motor will be back in by thenI will see you there
ConeDodger
QUOTE(laflaur @ Oct 2 2009, 06:03 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Hey Rob, I think the motor will be back in by thenI will see you there

God I love that car! It would be great to see you John! Wife and daughter are good?
laflaur
Yeah we are all good. See ya

why does it say Todd under that line?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(laflaur @ Oct 2 2009, 07:40 PM) *

Yeah we are all good. See ya

why does it say Todd under that line?

I wondered that too... If it had been Teresa or Tammy I would have worried about gender reassignment surgery biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

Two weeks away! Autocross on the 17th, Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion on the 18th! Get your cars ready! Wait till you guys see Laflaur's car in person... One of the sweetest GT flared six cylinder beauties I have ever encountered.
ConeDodger

Let's get ready to rumble! I am all set to go to the October Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion Weekend! Saturday we caravan to Santa Rosa for a little autocross action - Sunday we lie or cry at the donut shop! See you October 17th and 18th!
ConeDodger

Let's see a show of hands on who is going to be going to the autocross and who is going to be at the Donut shop? The Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion is coming up!
raw1298
The plan is to be at the donut shop on Sunday. I will bring pics to prove I have a 914! biggrin.gif
RoadGlue
Thinking I'll come out and shoot photos during the AM session of the Auto-x and then maybe a beer or whatever when you're all out. Not going to be able to make the 18th though.
ConeDodger

A week and a half to go! Who's ready? I am! A couple little projects that don't HAVE to be done but we should be a go for lift off! Saturday Autocross then Sunday the 18th the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion at the Family Donuts and Deli!
ConeDodger

One week left until the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion Weekend! Autocross in Santa Rosa on Saturday and if you have any tires left, meet at the donut shop on Sunday. The year is winding down guys! Let's squeeze as much out of it as we can... biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

One week left until the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion at Family Donuts and Deli - Corner of Fair Oaks Blvd. and San Juan Avenue. 9am to noonish. Be there even if your car sits high atop jackstands...
ConeDodger

If this weather sticks around, we most likely will not be going to Santa Rosa. But if it lifts and leaves... driving.gif

Sunday, rain or shine, donuts and coffee at the Family Donuts and Deli at Fair Oaks Blvd. and San Juan Avenue. Be there and see the gang!
RoadGlue
Should be dry!
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findwe...uSelect=WEATHER
ConeDodger

Ok! The Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion weekend is tomorrow! Yopu has not made the decision to come along yet so I may tow and I may drive. If you want to caravan down to the autocross, we will meet at 7am at Family Donuts and Deli and drive down to Santa Rosa. If you can't or don't want to autocross, be sure to be at Family Donuts and Deli 9am to noonish Sunday the 18th for the get together... Have a great weekend!!!
ConeDodger
Car is all set up to tow down to Santa Rosa! If you are going, we will see you at 7am at the Donut Shop for the caravan down!
RoadGlue
Mark's meeting me at my place in SR @ 8:30. What time do the gates close at the track?
ConeDodger
I am leaving for the donut shop in 5 minutes. Registration closes at 0930 so I would expect the gates to close at about that time.

Let's get ready to rumble!!!
ConeDodger
Well we had a great day! Albeit, too early a start but... Jim and I met at the donut shop at 0700 and left from there. We flat towed the 914 all the way from Sacramento to Santa Rosa. She followed like a kindergartener on the way to recess, frisky to get moving but obediently staying in line.

We arrived to find McMark the burger boy and his sidekick Roadglue talking to Joe Lee who has a new Raby 2316 turnkey motor in his 912. I teased him relentlessly all day long - "hey Joe, you should hear your motor from back here - it sounds amazing! Oh yeah! That's because it is supposed to be facing this way in the car!" Joe took it like a sport though... He found boogers in his idle jets after the event though. Oh wait! That is impossible! There is no such thing as bad gas is there???

I had 2/3rds the fun Jim had. Something went South on the DJet during my last two runs. Actually, just before I finished the last of my first lap of three. The engine flooded badly and killed and I coasted into the infield where I sat until we towed out after the event...

Mark was taking pictures. Maybe he will post some here?

See all of you locals tomorrow at the donut shop 0900 to noonish!
strawman
I'll be there. Rob, you still wanna trade a 12-pack of Anchor Steam for my set of 914-4 A-arms (with sway tabs)?
Geoff
ConeDodger
QUOTE(strawman @ Oct 17 2009, 10:06 PM) *

I'll be there. Rob, you still wanna trade a 12-pack of Anchor Steam for my set of 914-4 A-arms (with sway tabs)?
Geoff

Yup! See you tomorrow!
biosurfer1
I'm still shooting for being there for a while in the morning
ConeDodger

Just an hour and 16 minutes before the start of the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! But you knew that... biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
Another great day at the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! Alex and Michelle showed up in Gwen's old 914 2.2 Six before I even got there followed by Geoff (Strawman), Randy (raw1298), Brett (Biosurfer), my wife (Yopu), and my son (Nicho914), and finally late but not to be counted out Jim Dupree (jcd914). Randy (raw1298) even came by my house after the event and picked out a tasty front lid to replace the POS his 914 currently has...

Thanks to all who came and sorry we missed you if'n you didn't!
RoadGlue
Hi Rob and crew,

Good seeing at the Auto-X yesterday. Figure out what caused the car to die at the starting line?

Mark left his camera at home, but I've just uploaded nearly 400 of pics I took at the event over at my Zenfolio portfolio:
http://pixelrandy.zenfolio.com/p169018355

Still another hour or so of uploading to do, so check back in a bit for the full gallery.

Another Randy here on the forum? Blasphemy!

Cheers,
ConeDodger
Great shots Randy! The one of the front of my 914 is now my desktop background! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.