Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS Exceptional 914/6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
tom scott
For Sale
1970 Porsche 914-6
VIN 9140430956
Price $40,000.00

General – This is unquestionably one of the most original and unique 914/6’s available anywhere. The odometer shows 77,645 miles driven and it believed to be the correct mileage. With the original, matching # engine, matching factory tangerine color, and original interior, this is a very desirable and collectable Porsches. Of special interest is the provenance of this car. The documented story is, in 1972 Milt Mitner was invited to Stuttgart for the annual Porsche awards banquet and was presented the Pedro Rodriguez trophy because Milt best represented the spirit of aggressive driving, a trademark of the late Mexican racer. In addition to the finely engraved and festooned cup, Milt was also given a 914-6 which had been used by Ferry Porsche’s secretary. Milt drove the car for approximately 53,000 miles and then sold it to his good friend Bruce Jennings who had always wanted the car from the time it was awarded to Milt.

The following paperwork is available which documents the transfer of the 914-6 from the Porsche factory to Milt: Invoice for charges to ship the car to Vasek Polak; Customs invoice; transport vessel of the car to the US; Marine insurance papers; Receipt from Porsche for payment of the car; Bill of sale to Milt; Vehicle registration papers; Survey sheet for delivery to L.A port; and Bruce Jennings registration documents. A COA is included for the car.

Exterior – All body gaps and panel fit are very good to excellent, there is no evidence of any collision damage and there is no evidence of any rust in the car with the exception of very minor surface rust on the underside of the floor pan. The exterior received a repaint which shows very good to excellent with no major chips, cracks or fading. The rocker panels and front and rear valences were incorrectly painted using the exterior color instead of standard black.

Engine – It is believed that the engine has not been rebuilt, however it starts easily and does not smoke. A non standard muffler and exhaust system is presently installed.

Transmission – Likewise, the transmission has not been rebuilt, but shifts properly.

Suspension and brakes – have received routine maintenance and the brake fluid was recently changed. Yokohama race type tires are presently installed.

Interior - The condition of the original interior is excellent with no worn carpets. A non standard steering wheel is installed.

The car is located in Denver, Colorado and is available for inspection.

A photo album of the car can be viewed at:

http://imageevent.com/356consulting/19709146

Tom Scott
www.356Consulting.com
303-819-0101
tomlynns@aol.com
6freak
QUOTE(tom scott @ Sep 29 2009, 10:21 AM) *

For Sale
1970 Porsche 914-6
VIN 9140430956
Price $40,000.00

This is unquestionably one of the most original

wheels and, front valance and lenses,steering wheel,, do you have all the original parts

P.S awsome car
TROJANMAN
Do you have the original heat exchangers?

What part of Denver is the car located in?

Was the (over) respray done locally?

Thanks
carr914
QUOTE(6freak @ Sep 29 2009, 02:56 PM) *

QUOTE(tom scott @ Sep 29 2009, 10:21 AM) *

For Sale
1970 Porsche 914-6
VIN 9140430956
Price $40,000.00

This is unquestionably one of the most original

wheels and, front valance and lenses,steering wheel,, do you have all the original parts

P.S awsome car

The lenses may be correct as it was Ferry Porsche's secretary's car.

Good Luck with the sale. Documentation & Provinance smilie_pokal.gif

T.C.
6freak
DOOR PANELS LOOK JUST LIKE MINE AND MINES A 70...........caps headbang.gif

I like the seat belt idea,bet it works good

Motor shroud is not painted black ?? shouldnt be
smg914
The door panels are correct for a 1970. However I see about 20 things that are either not correct or missing. Speedometer, air box, center deposit, some important tools are missing, cheap extractor for a muffler and missing rear shift rod cover to name a few. Not to mention the wheels, the radio, the front valance panel, the aftermarket steering wheel, seat belts and no heat exchangers. The car has a front sway bar but no rear bar, missing 4-way flasher knob, incorrect engine cover, black painted fog light grills???, missing the seal on the doors and an incorrect rear license plate holder. Having said all that, I still love the car and although it will take quite a bit of time and $$$$$ to bring this car back to "original", the car looks to be in excellent condition and should be a wonderful car for someone thats in the market for a 6.
6freak
I noticed lots of stuff as well ....but still a very nice car ....A little pricey for the condition ,,,but maybe your paying for the history.....P.S tagged as a U.S
seebobgo
I sure hope your open to offers
tom scott
One and all, I have revised the description of this 914/6, in particular the section about the engine. The owner corrected his understanding of the engine when I attempted to verify the engine number and there was none. Here is the corrected description and the owner will entertain sincere and reasonable offers. It is best to email me at tomlynns@aol.com.

Thanks.

For Sale
1970 Porsche 914-6
VIN 9140430956
Price $40,000.00

General – This is unquestionably one of the most original and unique 914/6’s available anywhere. The odometer shows 77,645 miles driven and it believed to be the correct mileage. With the matching factory tangerine color, and original interior, this is a very desirable and collectable Porsches. Of special interest is the provenance of this car. The documented story is, in 1972 Milt Mitner was invited to Stuttgart for the annual Porsche awards banquet and was presented the Pedro Rodriguez trophy because Milt best represented the spirit of aggressive driving, a trademark of the late Mexican racer. In addition to the finely engraved and festooned cup, Milt was also given a 914-6 which had been used by Ferry Porsche’s secretary. Milt drove the car for approximately 53,000 miles and then sold it to his good friend Bruce Jennings who had always wanted the car from the time it was awarded to Milt.

The following paperwork is available which documents the transfer of the 914-6 from the Porsche factory to Milt: Invoice for charges to ship the car to Vasek Polak; Customs invoice; transport vessel of the car to the US; Marine insurance papers; Receipt from Porsche for payment of the car; Bill of sale to Milt; Vehicle registration papers; Survey sheet for delivery to L.A port; and Bruce Jennings registration documents. A COA is included for the car.

Exterior – All body gaps and panel fit are very good to excellent, there is no evidence of any collision damage and there is no evidence of any rust in the car with the exception of very minor surface rust on the underside of the floor pan. The exterior received a repaint which shows very good to excellent with no major chips, cracks or fading. The rocker panels and front and rear valences were incorrectly painted using the exterior color instead of standard black.

Engine – The engine presently installed has an unnumbered case. It is believed that the engine was modified by Bruce Jennings and is a high performance version, possibly built to 911 R specifications. The modifications and displacement are not known. A non standard muffler and exhaust system is presently installed.

Transmission – Likewise, the transmission has not been rebuilt, but shifts properly.

Suspension and brakes – have received routine maintenance and the brake fluid was recently changed. Yokohama race type tires are presently installed.

Interior - The condition of the original interior is excellent with no worn carpets. A non standard steering wheel is installed.

The car is located in Denver, Colorado and is available for inspection.

A photo album of the car can be viewed at:

http://imageevent.com/356consulting/19709146

Tom Scott
www.356Consulting.com
303-819-0101
tomlynns@aol.com
Zundfolge
Tom, don't know if this is something you need to look into, but when I try to go to www.356Consulting.com, my anti-virus software blocks me from going there saying; "Exploit Link to known exploit site (type 812)"

Don't know if this is a real problem or if my anti virus software is just imagining it (I'm running AVG 9).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.