Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: T-Top Headliner & Rubber Treatments?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914brokenfilms
New member and first-time 914 owner... I have lots of details to attend to on my 1972 914/4.

Any recommendations for a good adhesive to reattach the T-top headliner? Also - recommendations for a good cleaner & treatment for rubber trim & seals througout the car?

My original interior vinyl looks great - just needs cleaning. Any recommendations for a good treatment for the vinyl seats, dash, door panels & T-top?

Thanks! Mark W.
dlo914
I think it was Joann's or any hardware store that sell a good spray on adhesive that would work well for the targa top liner. Oh and this is a t-top:
IPB Image
And don't use Armor-all for the vinyl, it tends to dry out the vinyl and then crack. I think a damp wash cloth would work better.
underthetire
3M super 90. Best spray glue available IMO. Super77 works, but not like super 90!
914brokenfilms
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Sep 29 2009, 10:42 AM) *

I think it was Joann's or any hardware store that sell a good spray on adhesive that would work well for the targa top liner. Oh and this is a t-top:
IPB Image
And don't use Armor-all for the vinyl, it tends to dry out the vinyl and then crack. I think a damp wash cloth would work better.

Can I get a T-Top conversion for my 914? My wife looks kinda like Sally Fields... Thanks for the tips guys. M.W.

Betty
welcome.png

"Can I get a T-Top conversion for my 914? My wife looks kinda like Sally Fields... Thanks for the tips guys. M.W."

Well... if you make it a T-Top conversion, you're going to have to get the hat and CB radio too! biggrin.gif

Fort Worth?!?!?! All right; another person in the area! My husband and I are on the Hurst/Colleyville border. BandJoey is in Bedford, GrnGoat is in the Keller area. Are you aware of the swap meet at Zim's Autotechnic this Saturday?! (there was a thread posted on here about it). There should be lots of 914 people there; I'll make sure we're wearing 914 related shirts. Just mosey on up and introduce yourself! biggrin.gif

bandjoey
Welcome. Come up to the swap meet to meet up. Sat 8-noon. Call us if u need directions. Bill 817 905-7937
driving.gif
914brokenfilms
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Sep 30 2009, 03:10 PM) *

Welcome. Come up to the swap meet to meet up. Sat 8-noon. Call us if u need directions. Bill 817 905-7937
driving.gif

Bill - thanks for letting me know about the swap meet. We have a soccer game saturday morning, but we will come if it gets rained out? I have the address from your post.

Can you recommend any good 914 mechanics in FTW? Also, should I be running an additive with unlead fuel to lubricate the valve seats?

Thanks! Mark W.
tat2dphreak
welcome.png

914 mechanics... there's Clay at Zim's in Hurst, and Wes in Plano(H&H)

no additives needed
914brokenfilms
QUOTE(Betty @ Sep 30 2009, 10:48 AM) *

welcome.png

"Can I get a T-Top conversion for my 914? My wife looks kinda like Sally Fields... Thanks for the tips guys. M.W."

Well... if you make it a T-Top conversion, you're going to have to get the hat and CB radio too! biggrin.gif

Fort Worth?!?!?! All right; another person in the area! My husband and I are on the Hurst/Colleyville border. BandJoey is in Bedford, GrnGoat is in the Keller area. Are you aware of the swap meet at Zim's Autotechnic this Saturday?! (there was a thread posted on here about it). There should be lots of 914 people there; I'll make sure we're wearing 914 related shirts. Just mosey on up and introduce yourself! biggrin.gif

Betty - thanks! We will try to get up to the swap after soccer tomorrow. Mark W.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.