Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice Delphi Green 914 for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
You aren't gonna find too many like this!

Here it is:
Nice Delphi Green Teener.

Description
1974 914 2.0. 22,xxx actual miles. Delphi Green Metallic with black vinyl interior. Absolutely original, unmolested, unrestored, example. Appearance Group, interior console with gauges, Fuchs alloys, original tires and factory sway bars. Purchased from second owner. Interior is in perfect original condition; all gauges and clock are in working order, even the seat belt interlock system is functional. Body is totally rust free, and never hit. All weather seals are original and in excellent condition. Original paint is very shiny with no evidence fading, but has a few minor surface imperfections as would be expected in an unrestored automobile of this vintage. The car starts immediately and runs smoothly. Steering, clutch, shifting and braking actions are light and positive. Body structure is tight and handling is crisp. Oil consumption is nil between changes. This car is in remarkable unrestored original condition and needs nothing. Concours winner. Stored in heated garage/shop.

Here's the bad news $17,000.
Here come the pics:
seanery
pic 2
seanery
pic 3
seanery
pic 4
seanery
pic 5
Lawrence
Delphi Green? barf.gif

-Rusty
seanery
pic 6
seanery
I like Delphi Green!

pic 7
seanery
OK, pic 7
seanery
pic 8
seanery
pic 9
vortrex
that color is great. what an amazing car. hopefully whoever buys it keeps it this way. nice to know cars like this are still around. looks like the owner has got a backup.
seanery
Good Eyes!

I didn't notice that one!!
It's probably faster...It is YELLOW!
Mueller
Nice car......just keep it away from idiots like me smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif
Bleyseng
Maybe JP should buy another one of the same color so he has twins. Nah, he would want to pound out the fenders and stick a six in it.
Geoff
tod914
Oh, I know that car all too well. That idiot backed out on a sale of that car to me 2 years ago. He made sure the deal was final and I had my plane tickets before he decided to back out.
vortrex
what was he asking then?
tod914
We settled on $12,500.00 without seeing the car.
I spoke with Brad Mauyer whom was a prior owner and gave the speel on it. Car seems like a real gem.
In all honesty its probally worth around 16,000. Not many at all in that original condition. That owner also has/had a 74 in yellow with something like 10K or so miles on it. He said the green one was a bit nicer in condition.
Chris H.
Tod,

You got jacked on that one AND the '76 Malaga car?

Geez! finger.gif to those guys!

Hey I noticed Bob D listed his Canary Yellow 914-6 here. Now THAT is a nice car! I think Brad Mayeur knows that car well too. As I mentioned on PP, if I only had the $$$$$$$!
tod914
You got it. If the tickets weren't refundable for the Delphi car, I would of payed him a visit.
Chris H.
I edited a bit and you beat me to the post. How about Bob D's car? I really thought about buying it....
vortrex
hey now don't be buying the yellow six until I get a fair shot at it! biggrin.gif
ChrisReale
The speedo on the delphi green car doesnt have the chrome center piece on it. What year did they do away with that?
EdwardBlume
Nice car. I wish my '74 2.0 looked like that.

Maybe someday (with a ton of cash).

ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif
Chris H.
Hey Vortrex, I would have already bought the SOB if I could have.... dammit!
tod914
I know how picky Bob is with his cars. Im possitive there won't be any disapointments with that car. Brad Mauyer went through it with a fine tooth comb and addressed any issues. Id love to get rid of mine and into his too. Just aint gonna happen sad.gif
Chris H.
Yeah he is picky. He replaced all of the body seals and a lot of other stuff and spent a fortune sorting it out.

I remember he came over one day and showed me this driver's side arm rest he picked up... told me the old one was weathered a bit. I couldn't tell the difference between the old one and the new one! He does his cars right!
vortrex
you guys are killing me. why do cars like the six come up for sale at the most inopportune times for me?? first it was the orange six and I had no job, now it's the yellow one. got the job now but in the middle of a cross country move. ohmy.gif
seanery
Cars move across the country, too!

"Sometimes you just have to say what the fuck" and do it.
You'll figure out a way to deal with it, if it's the right car, easier
than you will find "the one that got away".

Trust me on that one, I missed a beautiful red/cream 944 turbo
when I started looking and to this day it's known as "the one that
got away" and all of my friends know exactly what I'm talking about.

If you really want one, get it....

Good Luck,
sean
Dave_Darling
I actually hooked Bob up with the yellow car. smile.gif

Bruce Anderson also knows that car--he called it "one of the nicest sixes I've ever seen". And that was before Bob went through it!

The silver cone went away with the 74 model year. Except for those 74s where they used up the left-over 73 instruments. (It'll have two turn signal indicators that blink at the same time--the 74 harness only has one lead so they put an extra bulb on that one lead...)

--DD
anthony
why do cars like the six come up for sale at the most inopportune times for me??

Derek, just buy the car. I'd bet Bob would be happy to store it for a while.
vortrex
already talked to him about it, he needs to move it soon (understandable). there is someone in MN who is interested and going to see it. if it's still there in a month I will be a new six owner. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.