Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: What is a 915 LSD Transaxle Worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eddie914
A friend wants to buy my spare 915 LSD transaxle. What is a fair asking price?

I acquired the 915 when I purchased a used 3.2 engine from a wrecked 1986 911 Carrera that had about 85,000 miles. I thought a got a pretty good package deal.

I was thinking about installing the 915 in my teener, but had decided that I currently do not have the time and $$$ to jump into the project right now.

I would love to have an LSD in the teener to stabilize the car under braking conditions on the track.

Anyone want to trade a 901 LSD unit for a 915 transaxle?

Thanks

Eddie
Heeltoe914
Maybe is it a factory 915? And let me know what you are going to ask when you get to that point.
Mile, condition? every been rebuilt?

Soory I see your firend is already in line.
Eddie914
The odometer on the 1986 911 that we pulled the transaxle out of read about 85,000 miles. I have not had any contact with the previous owner/driver of the car. I bought the trans from a person parting the car that bought it after the accident.

I can only assume that the LSD is factory. The transaxle appears to not have been opened.

Thanks

Eddie
sixnotfour
Eddie you bought the motor and trans still coupled together. I reringed/bearing/valvejob the motor and it was in excellent shape. No doubt 85K mileage.
I have a pic of it in my pickup as a unit.

the number on the bottom rib will show .

actually 79k;
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=42455&hl=#
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.