Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: 911 Info needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
P.Rocket
My buddy recently purchased a 1972 Porsche 911T. He is getting me to do a bunch of work on it: check it over for troubles, tune-up, servicing, clean up oil leaks, etc...

Just wondering if there's a quality web site or forum like 914world that can be of help to me. Your assistance is much appreciated.

Thanks, Andrew.
QUOTE(P.Rocket @ Oct 1 2009, 03:45 AM) *

My buddy recently purchased a 1972 Porsche 911T. He is getting me to do a bunch of work on it: check it over for troubles, tune-up, servicing, clean up oil leaks, etc...

Just wondering if there's a quality web site or forum like 914world that can be of help to me. Your assistance is much appreciated.

Thanks, Andrew.

Pelican Parts dot com

ala The Bird Board or PP are how you see it refered to around hear

Good Luck
KP
lotus_65
i like the pelican site:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/911/911world.htm

it's got a lot of info, a great forum and a source for parts... so it's pretty good.

or it's the holy grail of 911 info-

thefleur
zymurgist
agree.gif Pelican is probably your best one stop shopping site for 911 matters.

My 911 engine was resurrected from a '72 911T. That MFI motor can make some decent power.
P.Rocket
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Oct 1 2009, 04:16 AM) *

agree.gif Pelican is probably your best one stop shopping site for 911 matters.

My 911 engine was resurrected from a '72 911T. That MFI motor can make some decent power.

Ya I've been checking out Pelican. Thought there maybe something else out there. But if that the best, I'm all over it.
Yes we'll see what we can do with this old car. She's runnin a little sluggish at this point. I'm sure I can clean it up a bit.
Thanks for your help
Cap'n Krusty
If you're not familiar with MFI (which the '72 T had), be very careful what you do. You need to run an NGK BP7ES, and the valves need to be as precisely set to .004" as you can get them. MFI likes perfect valve adjustment. Make sure the heat riser for the MFI pump is intact, clear, and functional, and that the heater boxes are well sealed against air loss. Set the dwell appropriately for the brand of distributor installed. The Marelli dwell setting is different than that of the Bosch. Whatever you do, if you don't have a portable CO machine or a dyno, DO NOT attempt to adjust the mixture. Doing so will almost invariably result is the car running worse than it did before, and you'll lose any baseline settings you might have had. The factory recommends Berryman's Chemtool aerosol for cleaning the air bleed ports at the base of the throttle bodies. You'll need a long extension for the spray nozzle.

In closing, for now, you should know that there are drivability problems with 2.4 911T MFI engines, and they came that way from the factory. It'll NEVER run as well as the E or S cars. BTW, the class on MFI, back in the day, was a week long, and it was one of the rough ones. The Cap'n
Eric_Shea
www.early911sregistry.org

Go to the board.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.