Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Automobile Atlanta 914-6 springs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Geezer914
Anyone install a set of Automobile Atlanta 914-6 springs? I ordered a set of 100 lb springs and they sent me a set of their own springs.. George said they were better and would not effect the ride height like the 100 lb springs.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Oct 1 2009, 02:13 PM) *

Anyone install a set of Automobile Atlanta 914-6 springs? I ordered a set of 100 lb springs and they sent me a set of their own springs.. George said they were better and would not effect the ride height like the 100 lb springs.

yes we have many times. They are stock height and 914-6 spec. Heavier than the stock 914 but to retain the stock height of the car. Not good with kyb as kyb shocks lift the car and it then looks too high.
Ferg
George, I may be going out on a limb here, but I think he's looking for a opinion other than yours rolleyes.gif

tat2dphreak
agree.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif
6freak
Sorry George but that was funny as hell lol-2.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif ...good one Ferg
tod914
I had installed a pair on a 74 2.0. Ride height was 4 3/4 inches from the top edge of the wheel to the fender lip. Hopefully that helps.
IronHillRestorations
KYB = kill yer back
tod914
Just wanted to add, they were on Boge shocks. Think Bilsteins with the adjustable perches would be better suited for these springs than Boge.
Gint
QUOTE(Ferg @ Oct 1 2009, 02:34 PM) *
George, I may be going out on a limb here, but I think he's looking for a opinion other than yours rolleyes.gif

shades.gif lol-2.gif
Geezer914
I have the Bilstein shocks ready to install. So this combination will be a big improvement over the stock set up?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.