Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Console and/or Deposit Box panel size
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
astronomerdave
I don't have a center console but am considering getting one for the sole purpose of a place to mount some custom gauges. So, not having one, I don't know how much space I have. Can someone give me the dimensions of the visible area of the front panel on a center console?

I was thinking I could also use a deposit box since I have to make my front panel anyway (and place my panel across the front of the DB).

Thanks,
D
Rod
I don't have a centre console, and love the 914 interior without it - what gauges do you want to add?

astronomerdave
QUOTE(Rod @ Oct 2 2009, 01:53 PM) *

I don't have a centre console, and love the 914 interior without it - what gauges do you want to add?

I want to add this gauge: EVision which I know will fit. But I also want to add one of these touchscreen displays: EBY701 which I am not sure will fit. There is a DIN frame available (DIN) for mounting the touch screen. The VGA touch screen is for my on-board computer which I can use to display information and tweak parameters of the car's controller -- it's an electric car biggrin.gif
Rod
Ah Ok so a double din fitment. In which case a centre console will probably be the only way to go - unless you rebuild the dash and move the heater controls and the ashtray. (I was toying with the idea of a double din unit there, but I went for two din units side by side and deleted the glovebox..

The first gauge could easily be built in below this, or my preference in the dash in the place of the cigar lighter.

(How deep is the control unit? btw, could it not be mounted to slide up/out of the dash?
flipb
The face of my original console ('74) measures 11 3/4" x 5 7/8".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.