Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 205/50-16 Dunlop Z1 Star Spec Tires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seebobgo
I purchased my car with 205/45/16 toyo's and it just didn't feel or look right. I am 100% satisfied with this tire. They hook on the ramps, rides great on the straights and fills out the wheel wells just right. Not bad for $110 each at the door.
Justinp71
Thanks!

I have been looking at the Nitto NT-01, Toyo R888 and the Kuhmo v-710 lately for a good a/x, track tire... haven't considered Dunlop.

What is the treadwear for the dunlop z1?
BMXerror
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Oct 2 2009, 04:07 PM) *

Thanks!

I have been looking at the Nitto NT-01, Toyo R888 and the Kuhmo v-710 lately for a good a/x, track tire... haven't considered Dunlop.

What is the treadwear for the dunlop z1?

If you don't mind me interjecting, the treadwear is 200. I'm looking at the same tire. Not really in the same class as the NT-01s, R888s, or V-710s. It's more of a high performance, summer street tire than a DOT competition tire. As far as I know, they don't make anything to compete in the latter class of tire.
SCCA Sportscar magazine did a test of several of the former class of tire in an autocross style setting, and the Dunlops came out on top, against the Khomo Ecsta XS, Bridgestone RE-11, Hankook R-S3, Nitto NT-05, Toyo R1R, and Yokohama AD08. They said that they never felt like anything spectacular to drive, but they just got faster and faster each run, eventually taking top time. They just did their job without complaining, unlike the Bridgestones which, though they came in second, as they put it, needed 110% effort to get 100% out of the tires.
I'm looking to buy these in 195/55/15, so I'm quite glad you like them. smile.gif I am disappointed that they don't have them in 205/50/15, though, so that may influence my decision.
Mark D.
seebobgo
If your not into changing tires, It may be a fair AutoX tire. For the street, I love em. I got them off ebay, Discout tie.
BMXerror
QUOTE(seebobgo @ Oct 3 2009, 09:14 AM) *

If your not into changing tires, It may be a fair AutoX tire. For the street, I love em. I got them off ebay, Discout tie.

Yeah, I would love to run R compounds, but I'm just not there yet. Not changing tires is one issue, as I don't have a trailer or any room for spare rims in the 914. Another is pure price of the tires. R compounds are expensive and go off quickly.
Mark D.
seebobgo
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Oct 3 2009, 08:55 AM) *

QUOTE(seebobgo @ Oct 3 2009, 09:14 AM) *

Yeah, I would love to run R compounds, but I'm just not there yet. Not changing tires is one issue, as I don't have a trailer or any room for spare rims in the 914. Another is pure price of the tires. R compounds are expensive and go off quickly.
Mark D.

These tires hook...cold too....I'm pushing them hard on the street and get a little slide, no tire squeal. Two thumbs up
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.