Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New dash/instrument cluster design????
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Since the dash is completely removed from my car, and I had Tony move the horizontal bar up higher for more clearance, I was thinking now would be a good time to do something "different" with my dash and instrument cluster.

Anyone have pictures of 914s with race or custom dashes??

I remember seeing a red 914 once that had the targa top removed along with a cut down(or off) windshield and I really liked the look of his dash...sorta reminded me of the 356 cars
TimT
heres one way to do it
seanery
Trackside Supply
IPB Image
neo914-6
Mike,
Remember this one?:
http://www.v8914.com/Interior.htm

What kind of design are you looking for? OEM, minimalist rod, pure functional race, audio flash?

I'd list all the features you plan to have or want, do some sketches (or ProE), then cardboard or urethane foam mockups, and finally start fabbing/upholstering.

If you want to make the whole interior look "right", it either has to match the design of the existing seats, door panels, and wheel or you need to redesign or replace them too.

If you want to make the whole car look "right", you'll need to redesign the exterior of your car to coordinate with the interior.

The original dash is looking better...
Qarl
Look in the newest Tweeks catalog. There is an aluminum lower-mid dash replacement made for 911s.

Karl
Qarl
Mike,

Check out the dash in this German e-bay 914

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2467218781

Edited: Hmmm link is now dead!
VegasRacer
dash
Engman
Questions

Street or Race?

Porsche gauges or Aftermarket?

Drop in replacement?

Can you do something about the brightness?

M
Mueller
Mostly street, factory gauges.......drop in replacment would be near impossible due to my roll cage (horizontal bar under the steering wheel which more or less displaces the lower dash pad)

I'm thinking something simple such as this dash from a 356.....I really like the one piece design. A glove box could still be made, but it would be nice to have it hidden. I don't want the radio exposed, so that too can be hidden under the dash on a pivot to swing down when needed.(yes, I have to have a radio)
neo914-6
Simple one piece like this...
Chris914n6
The F50 caught my eye...
Chris914n6
So I used it as an influence...
Chris914n6
I'll have to change it for the in dash GPS. Top half like stock because I really like the "shelf" space. It will be my 3rd fiberglass project on the car this summer. smile.gif
Anyone put a Tablet PC in a car yet?? smash.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.