Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sound insulation behind backpad?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rezron
Has anyone ever put sound insulation between their backpad and firewall instead of the engine compartment side? If so, what type of material? I'd like to go without in my engine bay for a nice clean look and eliminate the moisture trap.

thanks,
rezron
Aaron Cox
what about dynamat?
blabla914
Works OK, but with regular dynamat just inside the car it's louder than the stock setup. However, if you use regular dynamat inside the car AND engine compartment dynamat (silver foil faced) on the engine side, it's quieter than the stock setup. I you want to further reduce the noise put a piece of engine compartment dynamat on the bottom of the lid and regular dynamat inside the drain tray. That will REALLY cut down on the noise. The only problem is it makes the lid so heavy the torsion bars won't hold it all the way up!

Kelly
IronHillRestorations
We used B-Quiet's "Brown Bread" mat material on the current project car, on the cabin side of the firewall, and "H-Liner" material on the engine side. The project is just getting to the point of getting back on the road, so actual results aren't available yet. The B-Quiet stuff is much cheaper than the Dynamat and specs out as good or better. I do have some in stock, if you are interested.

PK
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.