Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More newb questions, e-brake and firewall stuff
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gigamight
Ok, so I have some parts to choose from, so I need to get an opinion on what I want to put in. I have what seems to be 2 different types of shifters, one is from an 07/72 and one is from a 74 and another from a 75. The 2 late ones seem the same, but the older one is way different. So which one is better?

If it makes any difference, I will be (hopefully) putting in a side shift, as long as it doesn't give me troubles when I start her up.

Also, the big/wide rubber gasket around the engine bay, can I take that stuff off without ruining it? It's in good shape, but I want to paint the bay. Can't figure it out.
astronomerdave
QUOTE(Gigamight @ Oct 2 2009, 10:55 PM) *

I have what seems to be 2 different types of shifters,

If it makes any difference, I will be (hopefully) putting in a side shift,

The shifter and linkage for the side- and tail-shift are different; check out the diagrams here:
Tail Shifter
Side Shifter
Spoke
The rubber gasket around the engine bay can be removed carefully with a small flat head screwdriver and maybe a small putty knife. I think some of the pieces if not all may be stapled together at the ends.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.