Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Tank Filler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nick mironov
The modern gas pump nozzle has a larger diameter at the far end that keeps the nozzle from going all the way into the tank filler opening, and the fuel vapor recovery accordion cover can not retract. I have to manually retract the mechanism when I fill up, and it's awkward.

What does it take to modify the the fuel tank filler opening to a larger diameter so that the nozzle fits inside all the way and retracts the vapor recovery accordion cover?

Click to view attachment

Nick
tod914
Your better off doing it manually and holding it in until it's full. They can pop and put a nice dent in your hood.
PanelBilly
Its been a loooong time since I need to fuel the tank, but I remember putting the cap next to the hole and pressing one side of the accordian sleeve against it so the fuel would pump
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Oct 3 2009, 04:11 PM) *

Its been a loooong time since I need to fuel the tank, but I remember putting the cap next to the hole and pressing one side of the accordian sleeve against it so the fuel would pump

agree.gif That's the trick I use.
bandjoey
Mikey914 rubberdonut for the gas filler neck?? idea.gif
pjhaun
QUOTE(nick mironov @ Oct 3 2009, 03:11 PM) *

The modern gas pump nozzle has a larger diameter at the far end that keeps the nozzle from going all the way into the tank filler opening, and the fuel vapor recovery accordion cover can not retract. I have to manually retract the mechanism when I fill up, and it's awkward.

What does it take to modify the the fuel tank filler opening to a larger diameter so that the nozzle fits inside all the way and retracts the vapor recovery accordion cover?

Click to view attachment

Nick

In the 1970's I bought this clip just for that reason. Here is a picture of the clip.

Phillip J. Haun
Oak Harbor, Wa.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.