Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting at the top Muffler Bolts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Keoni914
I've been searching the archives and can't find any how-tos on getting at and removing the top muffler bolts. sawzall-smiley.gif

Anyone have any tips???

Keoni914
type47
need more information about which bolts you are referring to. I don't remember any "muffler" bolts except the ones attaching the muffler to the ends of the heat exchangers and they are accessible as far as I know.
Keoni914
QUOTE(type47 @ Oct 3 2009, 08:55 PM) *

need more information about which bolts you are referring to. I don't remember any "muffler" bolts except the ones attaching the muffler to the ends of the heat exchangers and they are accessible as far as I know.

Jim they are the bolts that attach the muffler to the exhaust pipes. There are three on each side, two are easy to get at but the top ones are a sawzall-smiley.gif pain. There isn't much room to get a wrench on. Perhaps I don't have the correct tool. I'm a DIY guy and needs a few tips.

Anyone else that can offer some tips besides this: welder.gif

THANKS

Keoni914
etcmss
having done this a few times ---I just use a 3/8 extension and deep well socket on the outside and a combination wrench inside. Sometimes it difficult to get the extension and socket in there but it does work.
Putting the bolt in first before putting muffler up does help when re-installing.
Keoni914
QUOTE(etcmss @ Oct 4 2009, 05:19 PM) *

having done this a few times ---I just use a 3/8 extension and deep well socket on the outside and a combination wrench inside. Sometimes it difficult to get the extension and socket in there but it does work.
Putting the bolt in first before putting muffler up does help when re-installing.

Hey, thanks for everyone's help! I finally got the nuts and bolts on. What a PITA!

Keoni614
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.