Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5 lug fuchs question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
I've got some wheels at Al Reed's for polish & paint. They are being finished with polished lip & spokes with black webbing. I need some lug nuts.
I'm considering 2 options:
1. New Black Lugnuts
2. New Polished Lugnuts

Has anyone seen option #2 done before?
Got pics of option #2?
Any opinions on #2?

I think it's one of those love it/hate it ideas. At $85/set I don't want to do this more than once.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(seanery @ Mar 13 2004, 03:20 PM)
2. New Polished Lugnuts

Has anyone seen option #2 done before?
Got pics of option #2?
Any opinions on #2?

sorta like this.

i don't care for the look, i think the spots are distracting, i'd rather see the flat black ones, and either ones are going to need the special soft sockets to tighten. but we have different applications, i still like the steel lug nuts and the studs that stick out way past the ends :-) ...

those aluminum lug nuts need antisieze all the time, and of course tech inspectors like to have you pull one from time to time just so they can make sure you've got enough thread engagement -- not a big deal for a car that never sees track use. the heat from hard use really makes 'em want to stick, another reason i don't like 'em for track use ...
seanery
Thanks Rich, that was enough to show me it's probably not gonna work.
I'll get some black ones from DC Automotive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.