Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My front end is too low
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
Not a common complaint, to be sure. But I think my front end is too low. There is actually a slight rake to the car. While it looks cool, its not very kind on bumps (bump steer) or driveways.

How high can I raise the front end before I have to have it re-aligned? 1/2 inch? A little more?

Zach
GeorgeRud
The front torsion bars provide quite a lot of adjustment just by turning the adjustment bolt at the rear end of the torsion bar. There are specs available if you want to get the ride height back to original specs. Most of these cars have been lowered over the years, and the rear springs have sagged and lowered the rear end without any help from us!
VaccaRabite
Hi George,

I know how to raise it. I need to know how much I can raise it before it has to be re-aligned.

Zach
Spoke
I'll venture a guess at almost nothing. As soon as you raise your front end the tie rods will start to level off and you will be toed out.

However, I think the toe is easy to adjust yourself using the method described on PP board. I use this method on my 914 and 911.

Check the toe before you begin and check it afterwards. Make adjustments on both sides evenly to keep the steering wheel straight.
rick 918-S
Did you add the bump steer spacers when you lowered it? I don't know what bearing that will have just asking... screwy.gif biggrin.gif
VaccaRabite
I never intentionally lowered it.

I'd like it to be at stock height.

But, yeah. No bump steer kit installed.
MoveQik
Hey Zach...don't get me wrong as I was the guy that motioned for a 2nd on your car for COTM......but....really, the front is too low? gayfight.gif

I kid, I kid...a rough ride sucks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.