Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel pump identification
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PlaysWithCars
I'm cleaning out the garage (watch the classifieds for some ads soon) and ran across this fuel pump that I bought at a swap meet a couple of years ago as a back up. Internet research indicates it may be for a 914 but its not the number typically referenced for 914s. Do I need to get a 0580 463 009 as a back up?

0580 960 011 is the Bosch part number. Is this a 914 pump? What year(s)?

Any direction you can provide would be appreciated.
type47
To the best of my knowledge, there is a fuel pump for 70-74 cars, all engines (except -6's), and a fuel pump for 75-76 cars, both engines. Compare part numbers with those on a parts seller web site to find out what years your pump fits.
bdstone914
http://www.meat-doria.com/en/product_meat/76034/1001

Lists that pump. Looks like the late style 75-76 cars. Also has the porsche parts numbers at the bottom of the page. cross check if you want to be certain it is the right one.
PlaysWithCars
Thanks guys.

Wow! The site referenced has MANY pumps being replaced by one? Seems strange that one replacement pump can meet the operating specs for some many different pumps. Operating pressure, pressure relief, and flow are the key operating parameters right?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.