Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My turn for some electrical faults.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
So, Friday as I drove to the store, my dash gauges flickered out and then back on again. Only happened once, and that was it.

Today, I was driving along and the Cyl Head temp gauge started cycling on and off, before it stayed on. About an hour later, the head temp gauge blanked (digital gauge) and the generator light turned on as if the car was turning off. Engine never missed a beat. Maybe 2 seconds later, everything turned on again.

I drove the car for another 2 hours, with no faults.

Any ideas where I start looking for ground faults?

Zach
904svo
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Oct 3 2009, 05:30 PM) *

So, Friday as I drove to the store, my dash gauges flickered out and then back on again. Only happened once, and that was it.

Today, I was driving along and the Cyl Head temp gauge started cycling on and off, before it stayed on. About an hour later, the head temp gauge blanked (digital gauge) and the generator light turned on as if the car was turning off. Engine never missed a beat. Maybe 2 seconds later, everything turned on again.

I drove the car for another 2 hours, with no faults.

Any ideas where I start looking for ground faults?

Zach

Clean up the fuses first, sounds like you have bad connections.
Spoke
agree.gif

The generator light is powered by Fuse 9 which also powers brake lights, oil temp sender, oil temp indicator, voltmeter, oil pressure indicator, fuel gauge, low fuel warning lamp, and turnsignals.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Spoke @ Oct 3 2009, 09:10 PM) *

agree.gif

The generator light is powered by Fuse 9 which also powers brake lights, oil temp sender, oil temp indicator, voltmeter, oil pressure indicator, fuel gauge, low fuel warning lamp, and turnsignals.

I have an engman blade type fuse panel, so no cleaning 30 y/o fuses... Which means that I probably have a loose wire on the inboard or outboard Fuse 9 spades. I'll have to check that out tomorrow.

That would be oh so easy. I hope thats all it is.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.