Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/4 Rear Caliper differences
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bcheney
What are the differences in the two types of 914/4 rear calipers? Does anyone have pics?
bcheney
What are the differences in the two types of 914/4 rear calipers? Does anyone have pics?
SLITS
One bleeder vs Two bleeders .... sorry, that's it. One rebuilder automatically drills the single bleeder for the second bleeder.

No images .... shouldn't need them anyway.
bdstone914
QUOTE(bcheney @ Oct 3 2009, 05:49 PM) *

And the type of bolts that are used. the one bleeder has Ribe bolts and the two bleder one have hex head bolts. No functional difference.

Tom_T
Eric Shea at PMB comes highly recommended by many here, & offers restorations of both types at the link below, if that's what you need.
http://www.pmbperformance.com/calipers.html
http://www.pmbperformance.com/catalog.html

Here's a pic of the early 1 bleeder caliper on my early 73 2L, which has late (2 bleeder) fronts & early rears, as an early MY 9/72 build.

Click to view attachment

beerchug.gif
SLITS
See your other thread in the classifieds.
bcheney
Thanks guys...sorry about posting this in the wrong place. I got a little trigger happy without checking which area of the site I was in before submitting...
bcheney
Thanks...I screwed up and posted it over their by mistake...pressed add this before I realized I was in the wrong area....What ever happened to the grey ghost? I am a friend of Glenn's...did you ever get that car running well??
Wardsweb
Here is a pic taken a couple months back when I rebuilt my 1970 single bleeder.

IPB Image
SLITS
QUOTE(bcheney @ Oct 3 2009, 08:56 PM) *

Thanks...I screwed up and posted it over their by mistake...pressed add this before I realized I was in the wrong area....What ever happened to the grey ghost? I am a friend of Glenn's...did you ever get that car running well??

Grey Ghost is pretty well road ready. Need to change the rear hubs so the brakes work correctly and am still fighting elevated oil temps. Have a cooler installed, but may need to put it in the front.

Soon ......................
Eric_Shea
Early:

Single Bleeder
Through Bolt Ribe M7 Ribe Cap Fasteners and 11mm nuts
M8x1.75 adjusters
M8x1.75 internal adjusters (in the pistons)

Late:

Dual Bleeder
Machined nose section with a mixture of Verbus and Ribe M7 11mm Hex Cap Fasteners
M10x1.75 adjusters
M10x1.75 internal adjusters (in the pistons)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.