Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speedo Repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

A friend of mine needs a speedo repaired,odometer . I seem to recall someone

here did that. Can't remember who ???? Anyone ???

The usuall two compary's in Cal. will be two expencive , I belive.

Dave slap.gif
buhs914
it's fairly easy to do on your own. I recently repaired my odometer and speedo using the pelican article.. gauge repair
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Bumpie Bump, icon_bump.gif Dave
Gint
I don't know of a world member that does this as a service. Here's a thought though; Do you have a local speedo shop? There's nothing magical about a 914 speedo that an experienced speedo shop couldn't handle.
rick 918-S
Hi Dave,

Do a search for Marks914. He build custom gauges including speedometers. I have two custom tachs he has done for me. He is in Mich. He will fix you up.
ericread
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 5 2009, 08:14 AM) *

Hi Dave,

Do a search for Marks914. He build custom gauges including speedometers. I have two custom tachs he has done for me. He is in Mich. He will fix you up.

agree.gif

I sent my speedo to Mark for repair and his service was quick, economical and of very high quality.

Eric Read
Rod
Another vote for Mark if you want a quad gauge or a rebuild, but to fix a speedo, or specifically a non operational odo do it yourself (then leave the reset knob alone hissyfit.gif )
Porsche Rescue
My problem is not the typical "odo no work", but rather the odo is fine and the speed needle doesn't move. When I got the car it was stuck at 20mph, now it is on 0 and won't move.
Any DIY suggestions?
I would replace it but it is an early version meant to go with 155 tires and I want to keep it.
Dr Evil
Dave, when in San Diego I was doing them, but I stopped when I move. If your friend wants to send his to me I will fix it for free. You have hooked us up many times, consider it some payback.
azbill
Dave Marks914 has done several for me and he has done a couple custom gauges Here is his link http://www.newvintageusa.com/bigmarkdesign

PS fantastic work I highly recommend him and he is your part of the country
Dr Evil
Bill, didnt I do some for you when I was still doing them??
azbill
Mike yes you did a speedo and the tri gauge build. Since then I have up graded to Mark's quad gauge, Tach rebuild (new face and internals) and a new speedo face and internals. Congrats on the degree. Where are you headed for residence? E-mail mail me your phone number I would like to catch up. I have a nephew that jsut finished his residence in Family Medicine.

Bill Shaffer
Dr Evil
Hey Bill, Marks914 sure does have the coolest and best custom parts smile.gif I have apps in at Maricopa in AZ. I'll let you know biggrin.gif
azbill
Great that here in Phoenix. If you go into the ER it is about the busiest in the city. Lot of gun shot and knife wounds and of course the typical trauma stuff. A good place to learn.

Bill
ericread
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 5 2009, 06:12 PM) *

Dave, when in San Diego I was doing them, but I stopped when I move. If your friend wants to send his to me I will fix it for free. You have hooked us up many times, consider it some payback.

If you take up Dr. Evil on his offer, just make sure he knows to tighten all of the bolts/screws when he's done poke.gif

lol3.gif

Eric Read
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.