Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nurburgring full lap in a 914 (video)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johannes
This engine has something in it ... And the driver is not bad too ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_91rNutjZs
jmill
Wish it had sound. Looks like clean smooth lines. Without sound I don't know if he was packing extra hp. The white GTV seemed to pull about the same. His lines weren't as good. Thanks for sharing.
stepuptotheMike
I had sound on this end. Seemed like a few missed shifts.... punctuated by.... "SHIT"... well that was all the german I could understand.

biggrin.gif

Mike
BMXerror
Sounds like she was pinging pretty bad on that long strait before Karussell, and most of the lap after that. It's hard to keep 'em cool on those long, full throttle, high speed runs. Still, cool video. I'd like to go, one day.
Mark D.
scotty
Very cool video.

What was that, about 170kmh when he showed us the speedo?

Judging by the wind noise, he was flying most of the time!

I Loved the guy in the white Alfa(?) ...he tried hard!
jmill
Sound doesn't work too good when the mute button is on. biggrin.gif
johannes
He is going very fast. I think this engine is larger than 2.0 ...
Gint
agree.gif ...gotta be a /4 though.
jim_hoyland
Perhaps this map will help, picked up the poster at GAF saturday...
johannes
I got more information. The engine is a four cylinders (you can clearly hear that) and has been rebuilt at 2.4 liter...
maf914
Johannes,

Thank you. That was a fun video.

Edit: Okay, I watched it a few more times. That was great.

I worked in Germany for several years and there are two autoracing events I really regret missing. Although I went to quite a few races at the Nurburgring (2 Grand Prixs, 4 World Sports Prototype Championships, 2 Historic events) I never did a lap of the old circuit and I regret that. My other regret is that I never made it to the Grand Prix of Monaco. Expensive? Yes. But I was there and I wish I had done it. Oh well, I had a great time just the same!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.