Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fender flare fitment question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nomore9one4
I want to replace my 9" rear fender flares with 11"flares. I was wondering if anyone knows if the rear 9" flares that I remove will fit the front fenders? It will save me from having to purchase the wider front flares and recycle some parts. I am thinking maybe the right rear flare will fit the left front fender and vise versa. Thanks if you know or you can find out. KMA.gif
dakotaewing
QUOTE(faux916 @ Oct 4 2009, 05:02 PM) *

I want to replace my 9" rear fender flares with 11"flares. I was wondering if anyone knows if the rear 9" flares that I remove will fit the front fenders? It will save me from having to purchase the wider front flares and recycle some parts. I am thinking maybe the right rear flare will fit the left front fender and vise versa. Thanks if you know or you can find out. KMA.gif

Its always been my "experience" that the design and shape of the front and rear flares are different. So while you might be able to use the 9" flares that are currently on the rear of the car, I doubt that they would look "right".
Just MHO...
nomore9one4
QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Oct 4 2009, 05:36 PM) *

Its always been my "experience" that the design and shape of the front and rear flares are different. So while you might be able to use the 9" flares that are currently on the rear of the car, I doubt that they would look "right".
Just MHO...

I was afraid you would say that. I just remember when we got the AA flares from the group buy how difficult it was to tell what flares went where so they were possibly close enough to work. I am probably wrong. Thanks for your input. biggrin.gif
dakotaewing
QUOTE(faux916 @ Oct 4 2009, 07:44 PM) *

Just MHO...

I was afraid you would say that. I just remember when we got the AA flares from the group buy how difficult it was to tell what flares went where so they were possibly close enough to work. I am probably wrong. Thanks for your input. biggrin.gif

Bob - Are you using metal or fiberglass flares?
nomore9one4
QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Oct 4 2009, 05:47 PM) *

QUOTE(faux916 @ Oct 4 2009, 07:44 PM) *

Just MHO...

Bob - Are you using metal or fiberglass flares?

These will be fiberglass
jmmotorsports
The rears can be used on the front but they will take a lot of work to look right. It would be easier to widen your rear flares.

Jerry
nomore9one4
QUOTE(jmmotorsports @ Oct 5 2009, 06:44 AM) *

The rears can be used on the front but they will take a lot of work to look right. It would be easier to widen your rear flares.

Jerry

Thanks for the info guys.
charliew
I don't remember there being any question on where the front or rear aa flares went.

If the fg flares are well stuck to the fender and aren't coming loose I would just redo them wider, thats easier than tearing them off and replacing new wider ones.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.