What's a set of 4 worth?

Thanks
paul

Click to view attachment

What size are those wheels?

Bruce
lotus_65
unknown yet.

they look like 14's or 15's to me, just by the proportions.
lotus_65
icon_bump.gif
confused24.gif

tdiddy
QUOTE(lotus_65 @ Oct 7 2009, 05:37 AM) *

icon_bump.gif
confused24.gif

Have you heard anything back from the seller? I emailed him on Monday, and haven't heard anything from him.
lotus_65
just once. he's sketchy for sure- it was like "do you want them, or what?" in response to my pretty direct question. we'll see. i think they're 14", which i wouldn't want unless they're magnesium somehow... or 10" wide.
ha ha right.
tdiddy
Yeah, I sent him an email asking if he new what size they were and if I could come take a look at them, and I never heard anything back.

Not surprised to hear that he comes across as sketchy.

I'd still like to take a look at them. I'm curious as to what the hell they are, they don't look like anything I've seen before. Did we ever get a positive ID on them?
carr914
Those look like my old wheels. If they are they are 15x7 with different offsets front & rear, so they will fit under stock fenders.

T.C.

Click to view attachment
tdiddy
Seller finally got back to me that they're sold. Wish he would have responded to my first email from the day he posted them...but what can you do.
lotus_65
QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 9 2009, 10:58 AM) *

Those look like my old wheels. If they are they are 15x7 with different offsets front & rear, so they will fit under stock fenders.

T.C.

Click to view attachment

yep, that's them. and sorry tdiddy, he said they where sold because they're now mine. biggrin.gif

on the pelican site, they are called HRE's. They have "specialty racing wheels" and "H7C" (i think) stamped on the inside. they are also 2-piece rims, and seem pretty light.

I'm STOKED to have 7's!!!!!!

thefleur
tdiddy
No worries. Just happy someone on here got them.

Couldn't beat the price!! beerchug.gif
lotus_65
I think so, good money for the rims!
IronHillRestorations
Those look like some that were cooked up by the old VW & Porsche magazine's "Project 914". They worked with a wheel manufacturer to come up with the perfect offset to put 7's on a 914 without pulling the fenders. Cool find!
carr914
Somewhere I have a file with the price I Sold them for, I know it was a lot more than you paid for them. As I remember they take a little work getting them set right with the wheel bolts, but other than that, I loved them.

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.