Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: first trip to the gas station since 1979
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
after finally finishing the 914 engine and 98% of the misc. (there is ALWAYS more), the mustang i've owned since 1988 is next. we've been attempting to FINISH my 67 GTA ground up resto/mod., hoping to have it completed by the 17th for my oldest sons wedding. it hasn't been roadworthy since it was stolen/engine blown up in 79'.

i figure this must be it's FIRST fill up since 79'. i was paying 99c for premium in arizona in 79' so that means the 22 gallon tank would have been about $22... NOT $55 driving.gif

p.s. thats me wifey with the purse not me smile.gif

MIKE
Click to view attachment
number6
She looks good! More pix, please.

QUOTE(orange914 @ Oct 4 2009, 11:34 PM) *

p.s. thats me wifey with the purse not me smile.gif

Mike, we don't judge! wink.gif
Gint
Sweet! More pics! With a real camera!
shelby/914
At least it wasn't race gas. We uaually run 100 oct in the track car, but they were out of it for the last event so we had to use 105 at $10 bucks a gallon. OUCH! Like Gint said more pix with a real camera, love those old Mustangs.
charliew
I have a set of factory 69 mach 1 wheels, well they are actually on a bug since 70, and most emblems laying around from two 69's just to remind me. First wife had a 69 mach 1 that I rolled 4 times then she got another one just like the first and my wife now had a 350 69 camaro till about 94, we used it till then, it only had 145k on it.
orange914
i'll get more pic's soon, maybe from my son's upcoming wedding. i just don't want him blowing up the engine like i did on my 442 on my wedding day procession. biggrin.gif driving.gif

yessiree bob the 914 gets a tad bit better m.p.g. the 4:11 gears got to go

is it me or does co. have a disproportionate amount of nice old mustangs? i notice alot of interesting events there.
orange914
QUOTE(charliew @ Oct 5 2009, 09:10 AM) *

I have a set of factory 69 mach 1 wheels, well they are actually on a bug since 70, and most emblems laying around from two 69's just to remind me. First wife had a 69 mach 1 that I rolled 4 times then she got another one just like the first and my wife now had a 350 69 camaro till about 94, we used it till then, it only had 145k on it.

several years before my accident i built these rims from the punny 14x5.5 style steels. 15x7 w/225/50 & 15x9.5 w/ 245/50. they fit nicely w/ no body mod.'s sawzall-smiley.gif
orange914
here ya go, the car is covered with a layer of central valley dust

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
orange914
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Ferg
blink.gif drooley.gif

Very NICE!

and yes, CO does have a bunch of nice stangs, yours would fit in nicely.

Ferg
orange914
QUOTE(Ferg @ Oct 5 2009, 07:40 PM) *

blink.gif drooley.gif

Very NICE!

and yes, CO does have a bunch of nice stangs, yours would fit in nicely.

Ferg

thanks, we hope to have the upper/lower console and door panel misc. fit up this week. that'll wrap up most of the interior.

stock rear end was 3.00:1 i'm presently looking for a 9" 28 spline posi 3.00 or 3.25 pumpkin to swap out the 4.11 in it now. at normal freeway speeds it reads 4k rpm and 90 mph. driving.gif biggrin.gif happy11.gif i'll post some interior pic.s' as soon as i have them.
toon1
Cars looking good Mike!!
shelby/914
Here's a few at a friends place on a garage tour, five '66's, one '67.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.