Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how to seal head temp hole in 1.7 tin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
is there some sort of plug that is supposed to seal off the big hole in the 1.7 tin right before Cyl 3?

The spark plug type CHT sender I am using only needs a tiny hole, and I am sure I am loosing a ton of cooling air through that gaping hole.

Zach
Sleepin
There is supposed to be a grommet in there IIRC Zach.
zymurgist
Metal plug similar to what you might see in the rear bumper (appropriately sized of course)?
neil30076
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Oct 5 2009, 09:06 AM) *

is there some sort of plug that is supposed to seal off the big hole in the 1.7 tin right before Cyl 3?

The spark plug type CHT sender I am using only needs a tiny hole, and I am sure I am loosing a ton of cooling air through that gaping hole.

Zach

Zach, IIRC, the grommet that you use on the accelerator cable where it passes through the sheet metal fits exactly in there - at last thats what i used.
JFJ914
It's P/N 021 119 553, but it is NLA from the dealer. It is a rubber disc. Check VW suppliers or AA. George probably has them.
Sleepin
QUOTE(John Jentz @ Oct 5 2009, 10:51 AM) *

It's P/N 021 119 553, but it is NLA from the dealer. It is a rubber disc. Check VW suppliers or AA. George probably has them.

Or just measure it and pick one up from Home Depot Racing! driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.