Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CV boots
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tradisrad
that are not made in China.

I replaced two CV boots last winter and over the weekend I noticed that they are cracking. They are about 9 months old and I've put less than a 1000 miles on them. Total junk. I went back to my local parts supplier and found that they were made in China. He also tells me that OEM are not avaliable.
I see boots at AA and PP and HPH is my local store where I bought the Chinese junk from.
So I need to know what boots with the flange I should buy? A link or brand name, would be helpful.
I suppose I am a bit leary of blindly ordering from the web 'cause I might end up with the same poor quality boots.
I am going to go by my VW guy this afternoon to see what he has..
BTW the boots from HPH are for Bugs and not OEM 914 boots. I don't mind bug boots, but I need good stuff.
thanks
-Rob
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I am sure that the supplier will guarantee them. Maybe trade them in for the kind with the built in metal base. Seem to work fine.

QUOTE(tradisrad @ Oct 5 2009, 10:07 AM) *

that are not made in China.

I replaced two CV boots last winter and over the weekend I noticed that they are cracking. They are about 9 months old and I've put less than a 1000 miles on them. Total junk. I went back to my local parts supplier and found that they were made in China. He also tells me that OEM are not avaliable.
I see boots at AA and PP and HPH is my local store where I bought the Chinese junk from.
So I need to know what boots with the flange I should buy? A link or brand name, would be helpful.
I suppose I am a bit leary of blindly ordering from the web 'cause I might end up with the same poor quality boots.
I am going to go by my VW guy this afternoon to see what he has..
BTW the boots from HPH are for Bugs and not OEM 914 boots. I don't mind bug boots, but I need good stuff.
thanks
-Rob

tradisrad
George, they are the boots with the metal flange on them. Who/where makes the boots you sell? Have you had any problems with them?
I'll try and take a picture and post it..
-Rob
veltror
I got mine from Mittelmotor, it says lobro on the metal flange so look to be oEM.
ClayPerrine
The CV boots for a 914 are NLA. The ones for a VW beetle fit fine, but have an extra 2 holes where the roll pins are.

Here is a link to one supplier Zims 914 CV boots

I have installed these. Very good quality.
Sleepin
Looks like another thing for Mikey914 to tackle! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.