Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hershey Transmission Clinic possibility
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
Hey all,
I was at a local parts/car vendor place and he offered his shop up for a clinic. It is in Ono, PA which is about 30min from Hershey. Any interest?
VaccaRabite
It is a nice shop, run by a good guy. Lots of interesting cars to see, and several 914 parts cars to scavenge if you need stuff.

Worthwhile location. Course, my tranny has already been rebuilt. I might come to hang out though.

Zach
Dr Evil
Ya, I gave Ed Anspach (the owner) the address here and told him to get on the site as he has trailers of parts for sale and ebay is the devil.
type47
I'm interested.
zymurgist
I might come up, depending on work schedules. I'd like to get Babydoll's spare tranny to you before you leave the building.
rmital
I'm interested bye1.gif
type11969
I am interested, just depends on when it is.

Diesel gearbox build??

Sorry I dropped the ball on the East Coast tranny clinic but this summer got crazy fast.

-Chris
turboman808
Really more interested in having you rebuild mine for me. But I would come down.

I still have never really asked but the Exotic car place might let us use the lifts on a Saturday or Sunday here in NJ. I should shoot him an email and see. Just thinking out loud.
Dr Evil
I am looking into the spring for this one. It will be less cold. But, if his shop is heated we can do it any time it doesnt interfere with my interviews.
Dr Evil
Oh, for anyone who wants me to do their rebuild myself, ya better hurry. I have a stack of ones to go through and the line has been at a steady length so you need to get in it. I hate working in the winter months, makes the hands hurt dry.gif
type11969
Spring sounds good
nycchef
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 6 2009, 11:02 AM) *

Oh, for anyone who wants me to do their rebuild myself, ya better hurry. I have a stack of ones to go through and the line has been at a steady length so you need to get in it. I hate working in the winter months, makes the hands hurt dry.gif

you might to want se a dr. about that. spring sounds good. hopefully my car will be running again by then. maybe late spring, early summer around august if i work hard chair.gif
turboman808
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 6 2009, 11:02 AM) *

I can wait til spring. Modding the solstice right now and looking into engagement rings. No money for the 914 right now.
crash914
I am up for beer...
you can always drag them down here and rebuild them in my basement...
Dr Evil
Well, it will be before I leave town in June so Aug is out of the question. Just like the other clinics, it would be free to hang out and ask stupid questions biggrin.gif
kenshapiro2002
I'd go.
jsayre914
my tranny is already rebuilt, can i bring my 1.8 to rebuild rolleyes.gif
VaccaRabite
foget the 1.8. Lets get the 2056 started!

Seriously, if you get the machine shop stuff done, I'll come up when I am off for xmas break in December and help you get it built. If you have all the parts ready, it goes together easy.

Zach
MikeSpraggi
I'd come up for that Mike .... as long as it's not the weekend of a Potomac PCA driver's ed event.
scotty b
I'd love to be there to drink and holler insults at the instructor....ahhhhh college.......... beerchug.gif
stepuptotheMike
I would try and come up for this one. I hate that I missed the ATL clinic, but just couldn't get away.

Mike
Jacob
I have been to the Carlisle import and kit car show many years, but I have missed the last two or three. The show will run again this May the 21 through the 23rd. I usually just attend on Saturday.

How long does a clinic last? If you only need one day, maybe do it on Friday the 21st of May and I could hit the show in Carlisle on Saturday the 22nd.

They have a show field with all the import makes. Last time I was there I saw 3 or 4 914s.

http://www.carlisleevents.com/ce/events/import/index.asp
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.