Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My '74 2.0 is on eBay. No Reserve - Spread the Word!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Jared
SOLD ------------------- SOLD ------------------ SOLD ---------------------- SOLD

It's unfortunate, but I need to sell my car. It's very clean, rust free, runs and drives great, and sounds bitchin' with a custom Triad dual exhaust.

Go to eBay to check it out and tell anyone you might know that wants a sweet 914 at a great price.
treacle
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the words NO RESERVE mean there is no minimum bid. The minimum bid for this car - per the eBay ad - has been set at $7914 by the seller. And yet the words NO RESERVE are featured prominently here, and in the eBay ad.

Is the seller's use of those words appropriate?
seebobgo
QUOTE(treacle @ Oct 8 2009, 03:53 AM) *

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the words NO RESERVE mean there is no minimum bid. The minimum bid for this car - per the eBay ad - has been set at $7914 by the seller. And yet the words NO RESERVE are featured prominently here, and in the eBay ad.

The seller is spot on saying "no reserve" All you need is two bidders. First bid is $7914 and the second is $7915.

Jared
QUOTE(treacle @ Oct 8 2009, 04:53 AM) *

No reserve simply means that any bid can conceivably buy it, but the bidding always has to start somewhere. For instance, if you go to Barrett-Jackson and there is a '67 Big Block Corvette Roadster, they are selling it at no reserve but they will start the bidding at $100,000; there's absolutely no chance you can go there and buy that car for, say, $38.
Barry Brisco
Hi Jared,

Saw your ebay ad. Can you post a photo of the COA for your car? I assume it did not come with the Appearance Group Option? Just wondering how the car was originally configured.

I assume it had vinyl on the sails originally?

And for those who have questions about what it means to sell a car on ebay with "no reserve", I suggest you go to ebay and read what they have to say, see http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/reserve.html It is in line with what Jared posted.

Thanks,

Barry

QUOTE(Jared @ Oct 5 2009, 09:34 PM) *

It's unfortunate, but I need to sell my car. It's very clean, rust free, runs and drives great, and sounds bitchin' with a custom Triad dual exhaust.

Go to eBay to check it out and tell anyone you might know that wants a sweet 914 at a great price.

IronHillRestorations
Nice car, wish I had some extra cash! Good luck on the sale, hope you get what you need out of the sale.

FWIW Ebay has bastardized real auction terminology. In this particular case opening bid and reserve mean the same thing. It has to do with how Ebay charges.
Jared
QUOTE(Barry Brisco @ Oct 8 2009, 08:50 AM) *

Hi Jared,

Saw your ebay ad. Can you post a photo of the COA for your car? I assume it did not come with the Appearance Group Option? Just wondering how the car was originally configured.

And for those who have questions about what it means to sell a car on ebay with "no reserve", I suggest you go to ebay and read what they have to say, see http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/reserve.html It is in line with what Jared posted.

Thanks,

Barry

Barry, sorry I forgot to check the 'World yesterday.

It did not have the appearance group, and I would assume that it is supposed to have vinyl on the sail panels.

The options are listed on the COA as:
US Equipment
Sealed Beam Headlights
Heated Rear Window
Center Seat Cushion for '914'

Barry Brisco
Jared, thanks for the COA information. Your ad states Factory 2.0L Car and Fuchs wheels: those were both options. It appears the COA is inaccurate (not unusual) or are those items stated elsewhere on the COA?

I didn't realize it had the heated rear window option, but now I see it in the photos.

Was surprised that no one bid on your car. The market is really down right now.

Best regards,

Barry

QUOTE(Jared @ Oct 9 2009, 04:57 PM) *

Barry, sorry I forgot to check the 'World yesterday.

It did not have the appearance group, and I would assume that it is supposed to have vinyl on the sail panels.

The options are listed on the COA as:
US Equipment
Sealed Beam Headlights
Heated Rear Window
Center Seat Cushion for '914'

QUOTE(Barry Brisco @ Oct 8 2009, 08:50 AM) *

Hi Jared,

Thanks,

Barry

Jared
QUOTE(Barry Brisco @ Oct 9 2009, 10:21 PM) *

Jared, thanks for the COA information. Your ad states Factory 2.0L Car and Fuchs wheels: those were both options. It appears the COA is inaccurate (not unusual) or are those items stated elsewhere on the COA?

I didn't realize it had the heated rear window option, but now I see it in the photos.

Was surprised that no one bid on your car. The market is really down right now.

Best regards,

Barry

The 2.0 is denoted by the engine number; the COA won't say "2.0L Engine" under the options or anything like that. And, as I understand it, the Fuchs came standard on the 2.0s in '74.

Anyway, it looks like I got the car sold through Park Place, that's why I ended the auction early.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.