Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New here!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rcmaniac24
hey everyone i have been lookin around here for a long time and finally decided to sign up! i do not have a 914... however my dad does! and i love it with all my heart haha and hopefully i will get to inherit it someday. until then its great fun when he lets me drive it and i enjoy lookin at all the pics on this website (i'm 17 by the way)
rick 918-S
welcome.png assimilate.gif
BMXerror
welcome.png That's how I got into them. My pops bought one when I was 12. It was kind of a beater, and he only drove it for maybe a couple years before the tranny blew. After that it sat. Jump forward 6 years when I was looking for a car to race prep. I told him I was interested, and he said "buy me an exhaust for my bike and you can have it." $600 wasn't bad, but I had to build her over. She's all mine, now, though.
Glad to hear about the youngins catchin' the disease! beer3.gif Dr. Pepper. shades.gif
Mark D.
Rod
Welcome to 914 world! It's great to see that at 17 you are interested in keeping the 914 alive! I reckon they are the next collectors Porsche!
kenshapiro2002
Nice...for father's everyh=where, I want to thank you for praying for our death! chair.gif

QUOTE(rcmaniac24 @ Oct 6 2009, 01:27 AM) *

hey everyone i have been lookin around here for a long time and finally decided to sign up! i do not have a 914... however my dad does! and i love it with all my heart haha and hopefully i will get to inherit it someday. until then its great fun when he lets me drive it and i enjoy lookin at all the pics on this website (i'm 17 by the way)

SGB
WELCOME!

Someday... driving.gif
Gustl
welcome.png ... from far, far away biggrin.gif
rcmaniac24
haha thanks for all the replies, its a black 2.0. he has alot done to it, its lowered quite a ways and has nice shocks and sway bars and mannny other things. i found like 30 pages of receipts hahaha. i have only gotten to drive it once... sad.gif but that was over a mountain pass, i have never driven anything nearly as much fun to drive, especially when he told me to down shift into 4th and punch it hahaha driving.gif so much fun! and as far as we know we weren't speeding, the speedo stopped working. i just have one kinda worry about it.. it's gonna be reallly old when i get it sad.gif will it be too old to still have fun with without it breaking and being a pain to fix?
jaxdream
QUOTE(rcmaniac24 @ Oct 6 2009, 09:09 PM) *

haha thanks for all the replies, its a black 2.0. he has alot done to it, its lowered quite a ways and has nice shocks and sway bars and mannny other things. i found like 30 pages of receipts hahaha. i have only gotten to drive it once... sad.gif but that was over a mountain pass, i have never driven anything nearly as much fun to drive, especially when he told me to down shift into 4th and punch it hahaha driving.gif so much fun! and as far as we know we weren't speeding, the speedo stopped working. i just have one kinda worry about it.. it's gonna be reallly old when i get it sad.gif will it be too old to still have fun with without it breaking and being a pain to fix?

No Pain , no gain!!! Any automobile in that age bracket is gonna need something, if you like it now , it will surely be great when you do get ownership. After the repairing of what is needed plus the different mods that can be done to this car , you'll be proud of your efforts and the finished product of such efforts, they are a joy to drive and a very unique car to own . Bone up on the mechanicals and such now before possesion and you will be that much further ahead .

welcome.png

Jaxdream
rcmaniac24
lol i'm tryin! i already change the oil on it and the Volkswagen Thing that we have, the Thing is sure a lot easier to work on though, and the porsche is his baby so i don't get to breath on it very often...
kenshapiro2002
How do you know You'll be "really old when I get it"? If you're 17, Im guessing Dad is at least 40. Lots of men drop dead at that age. Keep you fingers crossed.Try to encourage him to smoke, or to drink more. Discourage exercise. Come on man...be smart about this...it's a 914 we're about to get our hands on.

QUOTE(rcmaniac24 @ Oct 7 2009, 01:09 AM) *

Cupomeat
This is great and welcome.png .

What I think is great about this is that a kid can really learn about a car on a 914. Newer cars can be great places to learn from, but the initial jump in is much larger as you need to get into the computer (ECU) world VERY quickly to do anything.

As for inheritence, LOL, My dad has a beautiful 1969 911s, and he gets a lot of people offering to buy it (unsolicited) and he just says that it will probably go to me next, when he dies.

I'd really rather he be around and enjoy his car, so it doesn't make me happy to hear it.
Cupomeat
QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Oct 7 2009, 07:47 AM) *

How do you know You'll be "really old when I get it"? If you're 17, Im guessing Dad is at least 40. Lots of men drop dead at that age. Keep you fingers crossed.Try to encourage him to smoke, or to drink more. Discourage exercise. Come on man...be smart about this...it's a 914 we're about to get our hands on.

QUOTE(rcmaniac24 @ Oct 7 2009, 01:09 AM) *

Maybe you could put a classified ad looking for another teenager in a similar predicament, preferrably looking to inherit a 914-6. Then, "Criss-Cross", A-la "strangers on a train". If you didn't see that film ask your dad... WHOOPS... lol-2.gif
tat2dphreak
welcome.png

once you get the grease under your nails, these things have you hooked!
watsonrx13
welcome.png

What year is your dad's 914? If it's a '74 can you post the VIN?

Welcome to the wacky world of 914s. You know you don't have to wait for dad to give you the car, you can go out and find one yourself and rebuild it. It would be a great father/son project and you both can enjoy the ownership of these fine automobiles with your own car.

-- Rob
gary gartner

What a bunch of slackers
15 posts already and noone has put this up yet
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Gary av-943.gif
rcmaniac24
my dads 57 lol but when i get the car it could be like 50 years old.. thats an old car! and i can't get the VIN yet because he lives on whidbey island and for the most part i;m with my mom in Bothell like twenty miles and a ferry ride away. i will try to get pics soon! the front spoiler was recently ripped off because the car is a bit too low haha and yes its a '74. if parts are hard to find for it now though its only going to be wayy harder like fifteen years from now won't it? an di have tried the project car idea on him several times lol but he's not very mechanically inclined... i know more about it then he does ha. thanks for the replies everyone and great i just made a fool of myself by putting this in a whole new thread....lol
reverie
Does your dad take his 914 on the ferry, or does he prefer the Deception Pass bridge? I've looked at the boarding ramps on the Clinton - Mukilteo ferry, and they look kinda iffy for a lowered 914. Is that how his air dam got damaged? I've been using Deception Pass because of concerns about that..
messix
welcome.png

and your close to a bunch of us north puget sounders!

you'll have to get the old man to take you out to one of the teener tuedays [most times it doesn't happen on tuesdays]!
rcmaniac24
that would be fun! i know i was kind of amazed at how many people here are in western washington.. i sure don't see very many 914's up here ha. it'll be hard to get him to go to one though.. how do i post a picture of it? i have one on my cell phone
messix
QUOTE(rcmaniac24 @ Oct 8 2009, 06:19 PM) *

that would be fun! i know i was kind of amazed at how many people here are in western washington.. i sure don't see very many 914's up here ha. it'll be hard to get him to go to one though.. how do i post a picture of it? i have one on my cell phone

how the hell do i know!? happy11.gif i'm an old fart!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.