Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Forum Format Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kenshapiro2002

How come instead of the long page(s) of posts, all I'm getting is the original post and a list of responses...have to click on each one to read separately? Went to my controls and can't see a way to change this back.
Rotary'14
QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Oct 6 2009, 06:04 AM) *

How come instead of the long page(s) of posts, all I'm getting is the original post and a list of responses...have to click on each one to read separately? Went to my controls and can't see a way to change this back.

In the upper right hand corner of your post you will see a dropdown window labeled "options". Click on this and pick standard display. Some how yours got changed. It has mysteriously happened to me too in the past, but not recently.

-Rob
kenshapiro2002
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...thanks! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Rotary'14 @ Oct 6 2009, 09:08 AM) *

QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Oct 6 2009, 06:04 AM) *

In the upper right hand corner of your post you will see a dropdown window labeled "options". Click on this and pick standard display. Some how yours got changed. It has mysteriously happened to me too in the past, but not recently.

-Rob

type47
OK, so how do you Delete a Reply? (my reply was posted and I want to Delete it all together)
zymurgist
This happens to me all the time on the "other" site. I have no idea why.
kenshapiro2002
And then how do I delete a thread like this one? The FAQ says to use the "Moderation" option at the lower right hand corner of my original post, but it doesn't exist.

QUOTE(type47 @ Oct 6 2009, 09:10 AM) *

OK, so how do you Delete a Reply? (my reply was posted and I want to Delete it all together)

kenshapiro2002
In fact, the "Delete Thread" FAQ shows a visual from 914Club! unsure.gif

QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Oct 6 2009, 09:14 AM) *

And then how do I delete a thread like this one? The FAQ says to use the "Moderation" option at the lower right hand corner of my original post, but it doesn't exist.

QUOTE(type47 @ Oct 6 2009, 09:10 AM) *

type47
QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Oct 6 2009, 05:21 AM) *

In fact, the "Delete Thread" FAQ shows a visual from 914Club! unsure.gif

stirthepot.gif biggrin.gif
VaccaRabite
Can't delete threads or responses here. Its a policy put in place after the split to retain content.

Zach
zymurgist
I normally edit my reply and replace the text with the word "Deleted." You can still tell something was there, but you can't tell what it was.
kenshapiro2002
Then somebody should consider doing some housekeeping and redo some of the FAQs. Just a suggestion.

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Oct 6 2009, 09:32 AM) *

Can't delete threads or responses here. Its a policy put in place after the split to retain content.

Zach

SirAndy
QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Oct 6 2009, 11:26 AM) *

Then somebody should consider doing some housekeeping and redo some of the FAQs. Just a suggestion.

Just a suggestion, how about you DON'T delete your posts and topic titles.

Has it ever occurred to you that someone else may could have benefited from this thread in it's original form?

Now it's just dead weight and won't show up in somebody's search for the same problem you had.

We really try to collect and preserve information here, that's why we disabled user invoked thread deletion in the first place ...
shades.gif Andy
kenshapiro2002
I will never do that again...deepest apologies.

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 6 2009, 04:01 PM) *

Has it ever occurred to you that someone else may could have benefited from this thread in it's original form?

Now it's just dead weight and won't show up in somebody's search for the same problem you had.

We really try to collect and preserve information here, that's why we disabled user invoked thread deletion in the first place ...
shades.gif Andy

kenshapiro2002
No it's not...I fixed it! biggrin.gif

shades.gif Andy

SirAndy
QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Oct 6 2009, 03:52 PM) *

thumb3d.gif beerchug.gif
kenshapiro2002
Love you man! wub.gif

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 6 2009, 08:03 PM) *

thumb3d.gif beerchug.gif

ericread
QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Oct 6 2009, 05:21 PM) *

Love you man! wub.gif

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 6 2009, 08:03 PM) *

thumb3d.gif beerchug.gif

grouphug.gif

Knock it off you guys or we'll be forced to delete this thread...

rolleyes.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Oct 6 2009, 05:52 PM) *

shades.gif Andy

Andy wants you to try to fill up his servers....unlike most other forums! yellowsleep[1].gif
kenshapiro2002
If that's some kinda euphemism, I don't go that way. piratenanner.gif

Andy wants you to try to fill up his servers....unlike most other forums! yellowsleep[1].gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Oct 6 2009, 05:02 PM) *

Harddrive space is dirt cheap and we've got plenty to fill up ...
shades.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.