Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Question on steering parts, need some help
Doug Leggins
post Jun 11 2004, 10:22 PM
Post #1

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 261
Region Association: None

I am gathering all of the suspension parts to install tomorrow. I seem to be missing some small steering parts. I have looked in every box of parts that I have and cannot find the parts. I do not know exactly what the parts look like. the car that i am building was disassembled when i bought it. I stripped 3 cars recently but did not take apart this area of the steering - that sucks! I did take pics but lost the pics when my hard drive crashed earlier this year - AARRRRGH!!!

I am missing number 19,21 and 23 in the diagram. 19-steering shaft bearing, 21-rubber bushing, 23-seal.

Anyone have pics of the parts? Maybe I have the parts but just do not recognize them.

Any chance that these are common VW parts and that i can get them at the local bug shop?

Local salvage yard did have 2 914s. Good idea to try to get the parts from a salvage yard?

Any help is much appreciated. - Thanks.

Diagram to follow if I can get it to work.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 01:03 AM