Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Getting closer, New stuff added
jonwatts
post Mar 10 2005, 09:18 PM
Post #21

no rules, just wrong

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 141

QUOTE (Mueller @ Mar 10 2005, 07:07 PM)

that would be cool, then you can recoup some of the money by renting time to some of us folks (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)

What he said.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ppickerell
post Mar 10 2005, 09:46 PM
Post #22

914 addicted

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,246

QUOTE (nine14cats @ Mar 10 2005, 07:16 PM)
Hey Patrick....at least you see light at the end of the tunnel....when I jokingly put "looking forward to the 2006 season" I didn't really think it would be true. But realistically, I'm done for the year. The car build is basically a serial move every step of the way, and every step takes WEEKS! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif)

We've got one helluva long way to go. Since blowing our engine, it will be well over one year in between races.

On the positivie side for you, you're only halfway to what I have spent on my car, and yours is on it's own suspension! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)

Never again.....The build has pretty much sapped all of the good times out of owning a 914. It's supposed to be fun....currently it isn't.

$8K for a stock FI Raby motor?.....no shit? I saw it at HPH the other day....she sure looked purdy! I like the powdercoated runners!

Bill P.

Bill,
Would that we could have known how torturous the path would be, we might have well purchased a finished car like the two on ebay currently. Sigh......I just want to get behind the f'in wheel! Some people talk a good line! I want to drive one. I'll see you in 06!
+Quote Post
ppickerell
post Mar 10 2005, 09:50 PM
Post #23

914 addicted

Seriously, any of you that are interested in a non-revenue generating workspace and want to talk about some shared space to wrench in the east bay let me know. I can make this happen. I ain't lookin for revenue, I have a job. Just looking for a place for me and my kid to work on our projects! Joint race projects??? Sounds good to me.
+Quote Post
Elliot_Cannon
post Mar 10 2005, 10:24 PM
Post #24

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 480
Region Association: None

Did I see $8500 for the engine? OK I don't feal so bad now. I will also be one NOT adding up receipts. I did all the work except the engine and I am coming really close to that total figure. But I'm NOT adding up the damn receipts. (Unless I can keep it from my Minister of Finance.)
It might have been easier and maybe smarter to buy a finished car but you sure can learn a lot about the car by tearing it down and rebuilding it yourself. What do they call it? "Becoming one with the machine".
Cheers, Elliot
+Quote Post
ppickerell
post Mar 10 2005, 10:41 PM
Post #25

914 addicted

QUOTE (Elliot Cannon @ Mar 10 2005, 08:24 PM)
Did I see $8500 for the engine? OK I don't feal so bad now. I will also be one NOT adding up receipts. I did all the work except the engine and I am coming really close to that total figure. But I'm NOT adding up the damn receipts. (Unless I can keep it from my Minister of Finance.)
It might have been easier and maybe smarter to buy a finished car but you sure can learn a lot about the car by tearing it down and rebuilding it yourself. What do they call it? "Becoming one with the machine".
Cheers, Elliot

yea I guess I could have went TR (totally Raby) for that price. But in my business I don't nitpick price with my suppliers, it's all about customer service and long term relationships. I was/am trying to build loacal relationships. I am not complaining about the price. I appreciate quality work.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 05:55 PM