Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hagerty Insurance ?
nomore9one4
post Feb 3 2015, 08:35 PM
Post #21

Member of the Eastcoast Thread Killers Club

Group: Members
Member No.: 14
Region Association: None

I just checked with Grundy and got a quote for $117 with a $8000 value.... They do have daily driver/collector car rates aswell... Didn't check on the daily driver rate.. I been with Erie since 1988 and they treat me well. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Feb 3 2015, 08:35 PM
Post #22

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

been really happy with american family classic. Just sayin...
+Quote Post
patssle
post Feb 3 2015, 08:36 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 10,741

QUOTE(thelogo @ Feb 3 2015, 06:20 PM) *

Please clarify their meaning haggerty or Grundy

Grundy

My Haggerty policy state that the car is used for pleasure only

But not daily driving.
+Quote Post
thelogo
post Feb 3 2015, 08:39 PM
Post #24

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 11,572

Nothing personal to anybody but we might as well be in 2 different worlds

Teener in so cal , slow la

And

East coast

So not all things are equal

But the stuff I said reguaring no mileage limitations

Are grun dee
+Quote Post
thelogo
post Feb 3 2015, 08:41 PM
Post #25

QUOTE(patssle @ Feb 3 2015, 06:36 PM) *

QUOTE(thelogo @ Feb 3 2015, 06:20 PM) *

Please clarify their meaning haggerty or Grundy

Grundy

My Haggerty policy state that the car is used for pleasure only

But not daily driving.

Pleasure only ,Grundy
That's why I love that guy

I'm all pleasure ...
When I'm driving the 914 I'm up for any thing
+Quote Post
thelogo
post Feb 3 2015, 08:45 PM
Post #26

I'm self banning myself from this post to

Bias
+Quote Post
messix
post Feb 3 2015, 09:06 PM
Post #27

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

From: between shit kickers and pinky lifters/ puget sound wa.north of Seattle south of Canada
Member No.: 3,931
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

this guy ^ and Freaky9..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif) where the hell do they come from... or what are they on ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
JRust
post Feb 3 2015, 09:20 PM
Post #28

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I have always used Hagerty & been happy with them. In the 10 years I've used them I have had the one claim recently. They have paid on everything with it so far. I'd have no problem recommending them to anyone. While I can't use it for work. I can drive it for pleasure & do a lot. The car shows I go to usually net me a couple 1000 miles too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Big Len
post Feb 3 2015, 09:20 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 16,126
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(messix @ Feb 3 2015, 10:06 PM) *

this guy ^ and Freaky9..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif) where the hell do they come from... or what are they on ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

The local rehab center?
+Quote Post
nomore9one4
post Feb 3 2015, 09:38 PM
Post #30

Member of the Eastcoast Thread Killers Club

Member No.: 14

QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 3 2015, 07:20 PM) *

I have always used Hagerty & been happy with them. In the 10 years I've used them I have had the one claim recently. They have paid on everything with it so far. I'd have no problem recommending them to anyone. While I can't use it for work. I can drive it for pleasure & do a lot. The car shows I go to usually net me a couple 1000 miles too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif)

I had Hagerty for about 8 years and had no problems with them.. I would love to keep using them but I just cant see over paying for something I don't need.
+Quote Post
72 IXXIV
post Feb 3 2015, 09:47 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 18,277
Region Association: Northern California

I had the same issue with Hagerty. I will use my 914 very rarely but when I do use it I want to use it however I want to I was told by the representative at Hagerty that if I used it to say pick up my daughter at school or go to work one day and that would not be covered. My barely-ever-driven the car is a low risk no matter how you slice it, but I don't want them denying my claim because I picked up a gallon of milk.

Or at least that's what I was told by two of their representatives on the phone. Maybe they just say that to scare people like me off.
+Quote Post
Steve
post Feb 3 2015, 10:17 PM
Post #32

914 Guru

Member No.: 822
Region Association: Southern California

I had Hagerty, but killed the policy while the car was apart. Now they won't insure me because my kids are now driving and I do not have a car for each driver other than the 914. When I grew up I shared a car with my sisters. Ridiculous....
+Quote Post
bandjoey
post Feb 3 2015, 11:57 PM
Post #33

bandjoey

Member No.: 8,156
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(thelogo @ Feb 3 2015, 07:47 PM) *

Haggerty are total dushbags

Imho

According to them you are only allowed to goto car shows ... Any place else and your not covered

I personally use Grundy worldwide , there affordable , they insure d me for 5k which is what I paid for the teener . 1 yr full coverage ,116 bucks .

And if I want to drive it to work no problem. Or to my rec league volleyball and basketball games no problem. Or if I pick up a chick and take her to a bar ,no problem

Haggerty is only for schmucks who need to be told when where and how far they can drive there cars.
I mean if I wanted that I'd get a wife ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)

I know 914's are not grocery getters but haggerty has some balls trying to infringe on my personal
Freedom s

Where do I drive , non of your damn biz
How far do I drive . Same answer ...

" Dennis Leary " from demolition man .

Know it live it

http://youtu.be/gMI_26oljqs

=========================

Seems like you must be thinking about some other insurance company or you're misinformed. Haggerty covered the amount we agreed on when I called them for $154 / $15,000 a year. Drive anywhere. Drive anytime. Unlimited mileage. Covers towing too. Covers tools. The only requirement is to have a second car and keep the teener in a garage. Maybe the valuation for megacars is different but for my declared replacement value I couldn't be happier. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

I'm sure someone somewhere has had trouble with any insurance company but Haggerty treats me better than any other quote and service I could locate.
+Quote Post
ndfrigi
post Feb 4 2015, 01:20 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,474
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Feb 3 2015, 09:57 PM) *

QUOTE(thelogo @ Feb 3 2015, 07:47 PM) *

Haggerty are total dushbags

Imho

According to them you are only allowed to goto car shows ... Any place else and your not covered

I personally use Grundy worldwide , there affordable , they insure d me for 5k which is what I paid for the teener . 1 yr full coverage ,116 bucks .

And if I want to drive it to work no problem. Or to my rec league volleyball and basketball games no problem. Or if I pick up a chick and take her to a bar ,no problem

Haggerty is only for schmucks who need to be told when where and how far they can drive there cars.
I mean if I wanted that I'd get a wife ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)

I know 914's are not grocery getters but haggerty has some balls trying to infringe on my personal
Freedom s

Where do I drive , non of your damn biz
How far do I drive . Same answer ...

" Dennis Leary " from demolition man .

Know it live it

http://youtu.be/gMI_26oljqs

=========================

Seems like you must be thinking about some other insurance company or you're misinformed. Haggerty covered the amount we agreed on when I called them for $154 / $15,000 a year. Drive anywhere. Drive anytime. Unlimited mileage. Covers towing too. Covers tools. The only requirement is to have a second car and keep the teener in a garage. Maybe the valuation for megacars is different but for my declared replacement value I couldn't be happier. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

I'm sure someone somewhere has had trouble with any insurance company but Haggerty treats me better than any other quote and service I could locate.

I have the same details above $15,000 coverage guaranteed except my dues is $189 per year for my 75 1.8F.I. For the last two years.
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Feb 4 2015, 07:08 AM
Post #35

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

I switched to Haggarty after having my car for 2 years with Progressive-which cost me $1000/year and only insured for whatevery they could total it for, book value 6 years ago was maybe $2500- which is what i paid for the car.
When i switched i pain $100 a year but valuation was lower too i think $5000 . Only stipulation was not daily commute, have a second car atleast 5 years or newer and be garaged. I have a 2 point ticket from 2 years ago and that cost me a bit now with the regular insurance but did not change my coverage cost with Hagarty at all.

This year i modified the contract, well that was a year ago now. I have full coverage, and since we have 4 other cars they only asked if it was garaged and either my wife or my 23 year old son can drive it. $249 / year and i have $12,000 coverage on the car. Also unlimited milage and not just to shows, any "pleasure", so i could drive out to Route 66 if i wanted to meet up , or go to Hershey, or take a stroll with the wife to some outlet shopping, or as i did last weekend, take my 10 year old out for a daddy-daughter drive shop etc. Yes, i am paying $100 more than the year before - but for a whole year, increased coverage etc, i think its a great deal. This time they did not even ask how many miles or years on the other vehicles , just that we had more than one other vehicle. But we have a Jag Vandenplas with 80k miles, a navigator with 150kmiles(that normally sits in the driveway), and a Montero with 170k miles that our 2 oldest share(both in college here locally and living at home) . Last year when i changed i also had a Boxster that was my dd, but sold it and replaced it with an Audi tt as a dd . My biggest complaint is paying progressive $150 a month just to have my 18 year old daughter on the insurance as a full time drive!. ouch!( my son only cost $45/mo) -

at this point i cant see any reason to change from hagarty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
nsyr
post Feb 4 2015, 07:20 AM
Post #36

Because I Can

Member No.: 2,073

I use SafeCo. $150/yr for car valued at 10k.
+Quote Post
gfg3
post Feb 4 2015, 08:25 AM
Post #37

Never Too Old

Member No.: 18,295

Perfect timing for this thread! I'm getting ready to have a '75 1.8L delivered and have been scoping out insurance. Actual dollars of course depend on coverages selected (mileage, liability, comprehensive, etc.), but for identical coverage Hagerty quoted me about $40 less for $14K coverage than American Collectors. I haven't spoken to Hagerty in person but I have spoken to American Collectors. Their quote is for their "Freedom Tier" under which you must pay for 7500 miles but it allows "general transportation on occasion"; this includes occasional trips to the gym, golf course, restaurants, other errands, etc. according to the American Collectors agent.

I'll try to get a real person at Hagerty to confirm (or deny) occasional use and its limits. Based on this thread I'll check out Grundy too.

George
+Quote Post
ripper911
post Feb 4 2015, 09:41 AM
Post #38

corde pulsum tangite

Member No.: 11,654

I drive my car every day, so, no collector insurance for me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

How many old Porsches does it take to have a collection?
+Quote Post
blitZ
post Feb 4 2015, 09:45 AM
Post #39

Beer please...

Member No.: 4,719

I'm a little miffed with Hagerty. I bought a used Boxster and added it to my Hagerty policy. I picked up the Box in SC, drove back to GA, only to find Hagerty had changed their mind and chose not to insure it. Nice, drove 200+ miles with no insurance. My ex-wife was still listed as a driver on my Hagerty policy. The only way to remove her was to send Hagerty my divorce papers. Really?

I'm going with Leland West with both P-cars. Good rates and fewer rules.
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Feb 4 2015, 12:17 PM
Post #40

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104

JC Taylor is the secret. Excellent service, low rates, declared value. Few limitations other than a locked garage.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 01:45 AM