Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dr. Evils new ride, Picked up ready for transport
VaccaRabite
post Jul 30 2008, 09:37 PM
Post #21

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Mike, you are going to chop it up anyhow. So long as the back bone is not rusted out, I'd say that is about perfect for what you want to do with it.

Zach
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jul 30 2008, 10:21 PM
Post #22

Resident German

Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 30 2008, 07:13 PM) *

Opinions welcome.

Prefect candidate for an acid dip ...

The car is better than those photos show. It's gonna be a project, one way or the other. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

Look at it this way, now you'll be able to touch every nut and bolt of the damn thing ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Andy
+Quote Post
auerbach
post Jul 30 2008, 11:00 PM
Post #23

Lee David Auerbach, Esq

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,947

Mike -- best of luck on the new project. Where do you get the time or is it just that you don't sleep?
+Quote Post
auerbach
post Jul 30 2008, 11:01 PM
Post #24

Lee David Auerbach, Esq

Member No.: 7,947

Mike -- best of luck on the new project. Where do you get the time or is it just that you don't sleep?
+Quote Post
Wilhelm
post Jul 30 2008, 11:21 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 8,088
Region Association: None

I'm a bit concerned how tight the top of the passenger door to rear quarter seam looks. Hopefully you don't have any sag going on with the unibody around the hellhole.
+Quote Post
Trevorg7
post Jul 30 2008, 11:21 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 3,241
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 30 2008, 09:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 30 2008, 07:13 PM) *

Opinions welcome.

Prefect candidate for an acid dip ...

The car is better than those photos show. It's gonna be a project, one way or the other. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

Look at it this way, now you'll be able to touch every nut and bolt of the damn thing ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Andy

Andy - I think your right. When I looked at it and told Mike that every pannel needed work, that did not phase him. The rest of it is solid; front & rear trunk, longs, hell hole, etc. It needs work, don't get me wrong, but it is a good platform to start with.

T
+Quote Post
Trevorg7
post Jul 30 2008, 11:24 PM
Post #27

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 30 2008, 08:18 PM) *

So far it is looking like it is gonna cost $1150 to ship it....we shall see. I also have much of the metal left on my car to repair, modify the body the way I want it. Fenders are of no concern. Man, that is a lot of bondo, though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif)

$1150+20=$1170

$20 'bribe' aka gas money, to get the dually truck and toy hauler. beats $70 for a tow dolly.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)

T
+Quote Post
jesiv
post Jul 30 2008, 11:34 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 7,975
Region Association: Northern California

Hey Doc, I know everyone else says do it... I know free is a great gesture and a great price. Hey, I don't mean to rain on the parade... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) But! The car at free is a great deal! But! At a grand (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) I don't know if I wouldn't spend a little more and get one that requires a lot less work. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif)

Just one guys opinion.

Regards,

james
+Quote Post
Wanna9146
post Jul 31 2008, 01:24 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 8,595
Region Association: South East States

Man, I wish I woulda' known you were looking. I have a virtually rust-free '71 roller available... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Jul 31 2008, 07:28 AM
Post #30

En Garde!

QUOTE(Wanna9146 @ Jul 31 2008, 03:24 AM) *

Man, I wish I woulda' known you were looking. I have a virtually rust-free '71 roller available... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Hahahahahahaha
There have been like 914 billion PPI threads as Mike has looked at every car on this coast since he cracked up his ride.

Okay, 914 billion is a slight bump of the actual number, but thre have been a lot of threads since April.

Zach
+Quote Post
nomore9one4
post Jul 31 2008, 08:13 AM
Post #31

Member of the Eastcoast Thread Killers Club

Member No.: 14

I been away from the boards for sometime now. My question would be..What happened to the gray 914 you were having the fuel pump issues with? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) or did I answer my own question? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blowup.gif) Sorry if I brought up any bad memories (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jul 31 2008, 08:13 AM
Post #32

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

could'nt you find one with more "issues"?

k
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Jul 31 2008, 08:43 AM
Post #33

En Garde!

QUOTE(faux916 @ Jul 31 2008, 10:13 AM) *

I been away from the boards for sometime now. My question would be..What happened to the gray 914 you were having the fuel pump issues with? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) or did I answer my own question? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blowup.gif) Sorry if I brought up any bad memories (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Day after Hershey swap meet, Mike lost grip (hard rubber, cold damp road) and the car spun into a pole. The car folded up, DrE got some interesting bruises and Type11969 got banged up a bit - but both were okay. The pole hit on the passenger door. Evil is going to take his custom flared fenders (and all the other go fast bits) off the silver car and put them on the new one. The way the car hit and folded, a lot of his interior is shot, but the engine, driveline, and (most of the) suspension should be okay.

The fuel issue was the result of a failed piston ring that later ate the cylinder. The engine is in good shape now, ready to go in a new body.

Zach
+Quote Post
nomore9one4
post Jul 31 2008, 08:49 AM
Post #34

Member of the Eastcoast Thread Killers Club

Member No.: 14

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jul 31 2008, 06:43 AM) *

QUOTE(faux916 @ Jul 31 2008, 10:13 AM) *

Day after Hershey swap meet, Mike lost grip (hard rubber, cold damp road) and the car spun into a pole. The car folded up, DrE got some interesting bruises and Type11969 got banged up a bit - but both were okay. The pole hit on the passenger door. Evil is going to take his custom flared fenders (and all the other go fast bits) off the silver car and put them on the new one. The way the car hit and folded, a lot of his interior is shot, but the engine, driveline, and (most of the) suspension should be okay.

The fuel issue was the result of a failed piston ring that later ate the cylinder. The engine is in good shape now, ready to go in a new body.

Zach

Thanks Zach! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Sorry to hear that! Just glad no one was seriously hurt.
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jul 31 2008, 12:25 PM
Post #35

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372

Hey Lee, sorry I havent goten back to ya. I am at the hospital now and this is where I usually am (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) I dont have time to do this, Scotty is doing most of hte work. I am just installing the wiring, engine, etc. About 1 weeks worth of work for me.

Wanna9146, I have been looking pretty hard for a roller or runner and have been bent over, or left wanting (poor string of euphamisms) on every one. I am still interested in your 71 roller if Scotty thinks it will be less work and expense. PM me or I will you and we can talk.

James, you are speaking like a Californian. I have scoured the whole East Coast and there is a lot of shit, and then over priced shit here. The price to ship this chassis is actually reasonable give the market out here. I was trying to get a runner in better shape so I could drive it to Scotty's and maybe do some preliminary work on it before then, but they all had worse rust than the roller and were about $5k which is $4K more than I needed to spend just to gut and cut a car.

If ya'll realize I am going to be having the fenders cut off, and the rocker panels cut off to be replaced with stuff I have, it really aint that bad. Scotty has an easier body to start with, too, as we dont need to strip a bunch of stuff off to paint it and find hidden rust. I have 2 weeks off coming up after the 15th when I will make time to go down to Scotty's and help work on my own stuff: bus and car. Scotty and I both have the same philosophy that it sucks to work alone....especially on other peoples stuff, so it should be fun and productive.
I wish I wouldnt have cut so many wires on my cars wiring harness, but I think it is largely salvagable. If not, TC has offered to sell me his as well as a dash. I am gonna have to source a windshield as well. My frined swears that he can get them cheap locally....he swears about a lot of stuff, though, that never materializes (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif) if you know what I mean.

Trevor, $20? You guys work cheap...I appreciate it and will get a check off to you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I booked the mover last night. They shoud be contacting you soon, I hope.

FYI: $1150 was a steal compared to the other rates I got. Most were about $1450-1600. I looked into DAS and they quoted me $860 if it ran and made me call then to get a special quote for my car the was a 74 and did not run......$2300! I was shocked and amused at the same time. That was for depot to depot. All the other ones were for door-door.
+Quote Post
Trevorg7
post Jul 31 2008, 12:52 PM
Post #36

Trevor, $20? You guys work cheap...I appreciate it and will get a check off to you I booked the mover last night. They shoud be contacting you soon, I hope.

Dude, don't sweat sending me a check. We'll work it out next time your in SJ...hmm maybe in October?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)

T
+Quote Post
Trevorg7
post Jul 31 2008, 12:55 PM
Post #37

...Oh and since I still have not sent you the -6 shift linkage, I will throw that and a few other things in the front trunk!

T
+Quote Post
tdgray
post Jul 31 2008, 01:10 PM
Post #38

Thank God Nemo is not here to see this

Member No.: 984

Looks better than what I started with Doc.

Git er done
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jul 31 2008, 06:04 PM
Post #39

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372

Shipper says pick up on the 4th and drop off on the 12th. Looks like there is no turning back (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
carr914
post Jul 31 2008, 07:34 PM
Post #40

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

Mike, What shipper did you end up using? My Six may end up going West and we are looking at Shippers now.

T.C.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 05:08 PM