Dr. beerchug.gif
type47
just in time for the ECC biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
Yay, I am sure Scotty cant wait to start un-fuching this one smile.gif
watsonrx13
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 30 2008, 06:27 PM) *

Yay, I am sure Scotty cant wait to start un-fuching this one smile.gif

Yea, I like the wheels.... aktion035.gif Is there a different one at each corner? wacko.gif

Looks like a nice project.... biggrin.gif BTW, glad you got a good one to start with...

-- Rob
914Sixer
welder.gif Now the FUN begins again.
VaccaRabite
The race is on. Can I get my 914 finished before Mike has this one done?

Zach
Dr Evil
Jeez, I sure hope so. Scotty still has my bus to finish.
scotty b
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jul 30 2008, 04:34 PM) *

Zach

Yes you can. 3-4 times over. Thanks and please try the fish
Dr Evil
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jul 30 2008, 09:05 PM) *

Zach

sad2.gif
Leo Imperial
So I guess you don't want to look at that one in South Jersey this weekend?
V8 teener
Glad to see you finally found a car. too bad I wont be at ECC to see it.

-Chris
scotty b
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 30 2008, 05:10 PM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Jul 30 2008, 09:05 PM) *

Zach

sad2.gif

av-943.gif
Dr Evil
I am still bummed as I wanted one that needed less work so it would be done sooner, but I just got sick and tired of getting yanked around by these potential seller jackasses dry.gif One more broken promise and I was about to be in a bell tower with a gun ar15.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(V8 teener @ Jul 30 2008, 09:11 PM) *

Glad to see you finally found a car. too bad I wont be at ECC to see it.

-Chris

Dude, it wont be at ECC either. I would be thrilled if the bus could make it. At least the engine machine work is getting done. No engine = no go, ya now?
Dr Evil
More pics. Opinions welcome.
Dr Evil
So far it is looking like it is gonna cost $1150 to ship it....we shall see. I also have much of the metal left on my car to repair, modify the body the way I want it. Fenders are of no concern. Man, that is a lot of bondo, though barf.gif
championgt1
Looks like a great project. Gotta say something nice. I don't want you in a belltower in my town. biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
Mike, it's a good score. You're right, you have one again. Let the assembly begin!

welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif
VaccaRabite
Mike, you are going to chop it up anyhow. So long as the back bone is not rusted out, I'd say that is about perfect for what you want to do with it.

Zach
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 30 2008, 07:13 PM) *

Opinions welcome.

Prefect candidate for an acid dip ...

The car is better than those photos show. It's gonna be a project, one way or the other. smash.gif

Look at it this way, now you'll be able to touch every nut and bolt of the damn thing ...
biggrin.gif Andy
auerbach
Mike -- best of luck on the new project. Where do you get the time or is it just that you don't sleep?
auerbach
Mike -- best of luck on the new project. Where do you get the time or is it just that you don't sleep?
Wilhelm
I'm a bit concerned how tight the top of the passenger door to rear quarter seam looks. Hopefully you don't have any sag going on with the unibody around the hellhole.
Trevorg7
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 30 2008, 09:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 30 2008, 07:13 PM) *

Opinions welcome.

Prefect candidate for an acid dip ...

The car is better than those photos show. It's gonna be a project, one way or the other. smash.gif

Look at it this way, now you'll be able to touch every nut and bolt of the damn thing ...
biggrin.gif Andy

Andy - I think your right. When I looked at it and told Mike that every pannel needed work, that did not phase him. The rest of it is solid; front & rear trunk, longs, hell hole, etc. It needs work, don't get me wrong, but it is a good platform to start with.

T
Trevorg7
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 30 2008, 08:18 PM) *

So far it is looking like it is gonna cost $1150 to ship it....we shall see. I also have much of the metal left on my car to repair, modify the body the way I want it. Fenders are of no concern. Man, that is a lot of bondo, though barf.gif

$1150+20=$1170

$20 'bribe' aka gas money, to get the dually truck and toy hauler. beats $70 for a tow dolly.

thumb3d.gif

T
jesiv
Hey Doc, I know everyone else says do it... I know free is a great gesture and a great price. Hey, I don't mean to rain on the parade... dry.gif But! The car at free is a great deal! But! At a grand WTF.gif I don't know if I wouldn't spend a little more and get one that requires a lot less work. welder.gif

Just one guys opinion.

Regards,

james
Wanna9146
Man, I wish I woulda' known you were looking. I have a virtually rust-free '71 roller available... sad.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Wanna9146 @ Jul 31 2008, 03:24 AM) *

Man, I wish I woulda' known you were looking. I have a virtually rust-free '71 roller available... sad.gif

Hahahahahahaha
There have been like 914 billion PPI threads as Mike has looked at every car on this coast since he cracked up his ride.

Okay, 914 billion is a slight bump of the actual number, but thre have been a lot of threads since April.

Zach
nomore9one4
I been away from the boards for sometime now. My question would be..What happened to the gray 914 you were having the fuel pump issues with? confused24.gif or did I answer my own question? blowup.gif Sorry if I brought up any bad memories sad.gif
rhodyguy
could'nt you find one with more "issues"?

k
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(faux916 @ Jul 31 2008, 10:13 AM) *

I been away from the boards for sometime now. My question would be..What happened to the gray 914 you were having the fuel pump issues with? confused24.gif or did I answer my own question? blowup.gif Sorry if I brought up any bad memories sad.gif

Day after Hershey swap meet, Mike lost grip (hard rubber, cold damp road) and the car spun into a pole. The car folded up, DrE got some interesting bruises and Type11969 got banged up a bit - but both were okay. The pole hit on the passenger door. Evil is going to take his custom flared fenders (and all the other go fast bits) off the silver car and put them on the new one. The way the car hit and folded, a lot of his interior is shot, but the engine, driveline, and (most of the) suspension should be okay.

The fuel issue was the result of a failed piston ring that later ate the cylinder. The engine is in good shape now, ready to go in a new body.

Zach
nomore9one4
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jul 31 2008, 06:43 AM) *

QUOTE(faux916 @ Jul 31 2008, 10:13 AM) *

Day after Hershey swap meet, Mike lost grip (hard rubber, cold damp road) and the car spun into a pole. The car folded up, DrE got some interesting bruises and Type11969 got banged up a bit - but both were okay. The pole hit on the passenger door. Evil is going to take his custom flared fenders (and all the other go fast bits) off the silver car and put them on the new one. The way the car hit and folded, a lot of his interior is shot, but the engine, driveline, and (most of the) suspension should be okay.

The fuel issue was the result of a failed piston ring that later ate the cylinder. The engine is in good shape now, ready to go in a new body.

Zach

Thanks Zach! sad.gif Sorry to hear that! Just glad no one was seriously hurt.
Dr Evil
Hey Lee, sorry I havent goten back to ya. I am at the hospital now and this is where I usually am dry.gif I dont have time to do this, Scotty is doing most of hte work. I am just installing the wiring, engine, etc. About 1 weeks worth of work for me.

Wanna9146, I have been looking pretty hard for a roller or runner and have been bent over, or left wanting (poor string of euphamisms) on every one. I am still interested in your 71 roller if Scotty thinks it will be less work and expense. PM me or I will you and we can talk.

James, you are speaking like a Californian. I have scoured the whole East Coast and there is a lot of shit, and then over priced shit here. The price to ship this chassis is actually reasonable give the market out here. I was trying to get a runner in better shape so I could drive it to Scotty's and maybe do some preliminary work on it before then, but they all had worse rust than the roller and were about $5k which is $4K more than I needed to spend just to gut and cut a car.

If ya'll realize I am going to be having the fenders cut off, and the rocker panels cut off to be replaced with stuff I have, it really aint that bad. Scotty has an easier body to start with, too, as we dont need to strip a bunch of stuff off to paint it and find hidden rust. I have 2 weeks off coming up after the 15th when I will make time to go down to Scotty's and help work on my own stuff: bus and car. Scotty and I both have the same philosophy that it sucks to work alone....especially on other peoples stuff, so it should be fun and productive.
I wish I wouldnt have cut so many wires on my cars wiring harness, but I think it is largely salvagable. If not, TC has offered to sell me his as well as a dash. I am gonna have to source a windshield as well. My frined swears that he can get them cheap locally....he swears about a lot of stuff, though, that never materializes smoke.gif if you know what I mean.

Trevor, $20? You guys work cheap...I appreciate it and will get a check off to you smile.gif I booked the mover last night. They shoud be contacting you soon, I hope.

FYI: $1150 was a steal compared to the other rates I got. Most were about $1450-1600. I looked into DAS and they quoted me $860 if it ran and made me call then to get a special quote for my car the was a 74 and did not run......$2300! I was shocked and amused at the same time. That was for depot to depot. All the other ones were for door-door.
Trevorg7
Trevor, $20? You guys work cheap...I appreciate it and will get a check off to you I booked the mover last night. They shoud be contacting you soon, I hope.

Dude, don't sweat sending me a check. We'll work it out next time your in SJ...hmm maybe in October?

drunk.gif

T
Trevorg7
...Oh and since I still have not sent you the -6 shift linkage, I will throw that and a few other things in the front trunk!

T
tdgray
Looks better than what I started with Doc.

Git er done
Dr Evil
Shipper says pick up on the 4th and drop off on the 12th. Looks like there is no turning back wink.gif
carr914
Mike, What shipper did you end up using? My Six may end up going West and we are looking at Shippers now.

T.C.
Dr Evil
Webster Services
888-333-6343
waw84@hotmail.com
wilchek
Nice, back in the game. I am starting to think you like working on cars more than driving them. Are you going to change anything this time around? You guys on the west don't realize how good you have it. It took me 5 years to find a good car. I ended up buying a car from a guy I worked with and never knew he had a 914. One day he started talking about it. I told him if he ever sold it to tell me first. A year later I bought it. However, every car I looked at on the east coast for 5 year was crap. 75 percent of them were sagging. I think Mike has a lot of work but as he said he know what he is getting. If he throws 3-4k into the body he will know exactually what he has and knows that it is done correct.
Root_Werks
Hey Mike, totally sych'd you finally found a 914 and can't wait to see progress on the little guy.

Keep us posted and don't listen to anyone talking down about what you found. Nothing on that car is that bad at all and everything can be fixed. Get'er done!

smash.gif welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
nycchef
hey doc congrats on your new project. i guess i won't be hearing all those rust cracks from you for a while poke.gif
V8 teener

Dude, it wont be at ECC either. I would be thrilled if the bus could make it. At least the engine machine work is getting done. No engine = no go, ya now?

Ha Ha, I just got my 305 back from the machine shop and my new cam kit is supposed to be at the house sometime next week. My machineist did a beautiful job on the motor and heads, I cant wait to get it all together.

-Chris
Root_Werks
So is the car done yet Mike? smile.gif
Trevorg7
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Aug 1 2008, 03:09 PM) *

So is the car done yet Mike? smile.gif

Nope, I just walked outside and checked. It is still some 2487 miles away from Mike!

biggrin.gif

T
Trevorg7
Just talked to the Websters driver. We're on schedule for tomorrow!

T
Rubber Boa
Yakshemsh Dr. E I have parts and a couple of rollers if you need part and maybe Trever and I could build a tranny for you in his garage or mine if you want to make a trip out this Xmas to Oregon.

Rubberized Boa
ericread
Soooo. Since this is a pretty substantial project, will you be changing your screen name?

"Dr. Welder"???

Or my favorite: "Evil Welder"

Glad to see you finally have a project to work on in your spare time. lol3.gif

Eric Read wavey.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.