Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dr. Evils new ride
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Trevorg7
Done...at least at my end.

I am impressed that the guys were here on date and on time. I wish my car shipping experience was as good years ago.

Mike, next stop Scotts!

T
Root_Werks
boldblue.gif
Chevota79
Wow, already gone !
I though for sure it would have taken longer. Good luck with the new car Dr. Evil
Trevorg7
QUOTE(Chevota79 @ Aug 4 2008, 01:18 PM) *

Wow, already gone !
I though for sure it would have taken longer. Good luck with the new car Dr. Evil

Yeah, I am very impressed by the timeliness in which it was picked up. My neighbor is happy too as I had it stashed in his side yard.

thumb3d.gif

T
mack914-6
That is why they call him Dr. evil....
crash914
talk about an ass dragger... did they leave the tail hanging out?
Trevorg7
QUOTE(crash914 @ Aug 4 2008, 04:25 PM) *

talk about an ass dragger... did they leave the tail hanging out?

Well kind of yes. Picture it up another 12 feet - inline with the Mustang. The guy blew a hydraulic master cylinder and it would not raise up any more. They were headed out to get it fixed so they could get a Vette on next.

T
jsayre914
So what happens if your vette is on the bottom and the mustang above is dripping oil 300 miles onto yor car?
does this ever happen? Is there somthing to prevent this while transporting? I always wanted to ask someone.
Dr Evil
Word! I was eager to not take advantage of yours and your neighbors hospitality smile.gif

As for the oil dripping question, you can pay more for a top spot, but it is nice that I dont have to worry about this car too much smile.gif
fitsbain
Evil Dude -

I got lots of stuff here in PA if ya need parts. Including that entire almost rust free rear clip.

Let me know. You helped me out and I'll do the same.
Dr Evil
Thanks man, I should be good since Scotty has a dash unit and wire harness for me already. As soon as the car arrives and Scott has a chance to look at it I will know what parts to start cutting out. Luckily, the whole rear of the car from the firewall on back is usable.

Hi Boa smile.gif

Josh, thanks for the roller smile.gif

Scotty, the check for the rest of the move is in the mail for you.
watsonrx13
Was there any extra charge because they couldn't drive the car, but had to push it on/off?

-- Rob
Dr Evil
Yes, it could have been much lower if it was running.
carr914
Based on Dr. Evil's experience I called Webster Services as well and got a great qoute. I then turned 2 other friend's on to them and their qoutes were not very good. WTF.gif I guess you just have to catch them at the right time.

And yes, there are extra charges for non-op cars or if you want your car on the top-tier.

T.C.
Trevorg7
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Aug 7 2008, 11:16 AM) *

Was there any extra charge because they couldn't drive the car, but had to push it on/off?

-- Rob

Extra charge and my sweat! Pain in the ass getting that car with a flat onto the car carrier.

headbang.gif

T
Dr Evil
Ah, so the bearings are not seized, good poke.gif

TC, Websters is a broker that contracts drivers and trucks to do jobs. It is up to how much the drivers want and how much Webster's will charge for their share. Kinda hit and miss.
carr914
Mark and myself have learned alot about brokers/drivers in the last day or so. Nothing bad, but definately different.

T.C.
statesblue
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 30 2008, 08:13 PM) *

More pics. Opinions welcome.

Wow!!!
I am originally from the East, N.E.Pa. Scr/W-B, and in the 53 years I lived there I put together an awful lot of rusty cars. I've been out in Az 4 yrs now and I almost forgot about the rust til I looked at these pics.
God Bless you man, you are indeed a better man than me.
I am sure when you are done she will be sweet but ,Damn , i sure don't miss the work..
Trevorg7
Okay - I've been on vacation for over a week. Has the car shown up? It was scheduled for the 12th. Mike did you get the paperwork I sent?

Inquiring minds want to know.

T
Dr Evil
Ha, I will let Scotty fill in the details. The car FINALLY showed up today. After it was picked up it was business as usual with the shipper having delays, break downs, and shitty service from the dispatch.
I got the title today smile.gif Thanks man. More to come later.
Trevorg7
Oh, for what it is worth I was doing a lot of this; post wakeboard beer drinking!

beer3.gif

T

Trevorg7
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 15 2008, 07:32 PM) *

Ha, I will let Scotty fill in the details. The car FINALLY showed up today. After it was picked up it was business as usual with the shipper having delays, break downs, and shitty service from the dispatch.
I got the title today smile.gif Thanks man. More to come later.

Well, sounds like par for the course regarding the shippers. Glad it's there and you can get going on it. Glad too that the paperwork arrived.

T
scotty b
SOOOooo things got a bit interestong starting on WEDNESDAY !! Tuesday goes by....no car....no phone call. Wed about 10:30 I cal the driver, goes something like this, WARNING adult language used

"yeah I'm calling about a car that was supposed to have been deliverd yesterday"

Yes sir I'm sorry I am running a bit behind, which car is it ?
It's a beat up Porsche 914

Right, I'm in N.C. dropping one off right now and will be leaving for Richmond tonight, I should be there tomorrow ( thursday ) around mid-day, I'll give you a call when I'm about an hour away.

O.K. I just wanted to let you know, I'm having the car deliverd to my parents house, my dad works nights so just knock on the door until he gets up. I left him a check

Oh I only deal wish cash..cash only sir

Excuse me? This has been going on for 2 weeks and this is the first I've heard about cash only, I guess it's a good fucking thing you weren't there yesterday OR today huh??

I always deal in cash sir. One other thing you need to be aware of is this car has no brakes

Yes I'm well aware of that

Well you'll need to have a tow truck there to unload it, I'm not touching it, this things is very dangerous and I'm not going to put myself in harms way

So what your telling me is you aren't going to do your job.

My job is to deliver the car sir, I pick it up, drive it and drop it off

UNLOADING IT IS PART OF DROPPING IT OFF ISN't IT?

This is a dangerous car sir and I'm not going to put my life at risk over it

That's fine I'll unload it for you, you'll be here thursday right?

Yes sir, cash only

Yeah I got that 3 mintues ago remember ?? dry.gif Would it be a major hassle to you to change the delivery address to my shop ?

No sir no problem at all

( I give him the shop address )

I'll call you tomorrw when I'm about an hour away

O.K.

WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON 4:30 ish I get a message

Yes Mr Burnett this is Marcell with your Porsche, I had a beam break on my trailer and I'm going to have to stay in N.C. tonight to get it welded up tomorrow so I won't be in Richmond until sometime friday. headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif

TODAY

Moronicus giganticus calls me

Uh yeah Mike this is Marcell with your car

This is SCOTT Mike owns the car, I'm working on it

Oh right, well Scott I'm on 288 headed toward your house and wanted to let you know I'll be there in about 45 minutes

Didn't we discuss you delivering it to my shop 2 days ago ?

Oh yes that's right the Wickham address ?

Yeah

Um O.K. so I want to get back on 95 then right?

Yes, 95 north towards the city

( he verifies the shop address and hangs up )

25 minutes later,

Hey Scott I got off at the Chamberlayne exit and turned right at the Mcdonalds and I dont see Wickham street anywhere

( I am now getting pissed as it is 12:30 an I'm hungry )

What is around you Marcell ?

Um there's a WAWA where you told me to turn right

You took the wrong exit Marcell, there are 2 Chamberlayne exits and you took the second one, you need to go back towards the city

Over the next 15-20 minutes there are a series of lost Marcell calls, he getting more aggitated, and me getting more pissed. He finally says

Look you just need to come to the McDonalds and I'll follow you back

So know I've taken a day off of work, you'r 3 days late, don't know where you are, where you're going and now I have to leave my work still to come find YOU?

Look I've got 10 cars to pick up and deliver and don't have time to fuck around trying to find this address

You're now going to give ME a ration of shit about not having time to get your job done when you're 3 days late delivering my car, I've lost a days work and now I have to put my customers car aside to come find you I'll be there in 10 minutes ??

I hang up on him, drive 4 miles up the road, honk at him and point back towards the shop and take off. Dipshit folows me down a straight road, makes one turn and is at the shop. I took this route on purpose to show him how close he was

Marcell Mar-no gets out of the truck VERY angry, starts grabbing welding rods from the trailer and throws them in the peoples back yard adjacent to the shop, we proceed to get into it and the guy I work with comes out to try and calm things down. Suggests that Marcell back into the parking lot ( shop is on a single lane dead end road) to make it easier for him to get out. Marcell quickly fires back

I've been doing this for 13 years I think I know what the fuck I'm doing

Aren replies :

I'm just trying to help man, I've had this shop for 9 years and have had a lot of cars dropped and the drivers do it all the time

Marcell is now fuming, and Aren is loving it

Long story short, he starts to lower the car, tells me again he's not gopin to touch it I need someway to get it off of the truck.

Don't worry about it I'll handle it

NOW the hydraulics start f-ing up, passenger side is coming down, driver side.....not so much. He screws with it for about 30 minutes and finally gets it down.

So how are you gonna get this thing off ?

Well you're going to get the rear chains off, my helper and I will hold the car while you undo the front chains and he and I will walk it down.

This is a very dangerous car, I don't think that's a good idea

I've been doing this for years man, I push dead cars daily, I have loaded a few on to my trailer by myself . I've got it

O.K. but I'm getting you to sign something first, I'm not going to be held responsible if anything happens. You realize when I let the front chains loose this cars gone right?

No problem I've got it under control

Car gets unchained, Brian ( helper ) and I walk it off the trailer and Marcell never touches it again.

In the end I cooled down a few minutes and went out to have a talk with my new friend about my issue of lack of communication, being the issue all week. He actually agreed, shook my hand and apologized. I then told him how to get to the 95 exit he SHOULD have used in the first place, 2 blocks away

I think it all boils down to him being a middle man with a shitty rig confused24.gif Actually seemed like a decent guy outside of the workplace av-943.gif
Dr Evil
No good dead goes unpunished wink.gif
scotty b
On the lighter side this is probably the least rusted car I have seen on this side of the country laugh.gif I'm worried about what is under the molded in rockers though huh.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 15 2008, 07:39 PM) *

Eh I'm not sweating it. Aggravating yes, but things have been going to smoothly lately anyhoo. I needed a little excitment av-943.gif
SirAndy

Errr, i'm pretty sure you meant "deed" ...

Unless Scotty is one of them fellows:

scotty b
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 15 2008, 07:54 PM) *

Errr, i'm pretty sure you meant "deed" ...

Unless Scotty is one of them fellows:

Depends on the previous night beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif barf.gif
PeeGreen 914
Wow that trucker sounds like a real piece of work. If I ran my business like him I'd be looking for a new job rather quickly.
Trevorg7
QUOTE(scotty b @ Aug 15 2008, 08:45 PM) *

On the lighter side this is probably the least rusted car I have seen on this side of the country laugh.gif I'm worried about what is under the molded in rockers though huh.gif

Really? I was a bit worried as I was explaining to Mike during my inspection. Glad its a good doner!

T
r_towle
sounds like the same exact guy that picked up a beetle from me....lol
It was the same story...

Rich
Trevorg7
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 15 2008, 10:22 PM) *

sounds like the same exact guy that picked up a beetle from me....lol
It was the same story...

Rich

Must be this guy!

T
VaccaRabite
I think that car shippers exist to equal out the euphoria that comes with a new project or driver. When I had my m715 dropped off, the trucker only needed to go 4 hours, but the truck still ended up being 2 days late.

Zach

KELTY360
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Aug 16 2008, 06:27 AM) *

I think that car shippers exist to equal out the euphoria that comes with a new project or driver. When I had my m715 dropped off, the trucker only needed to go 4 hours, but the truck still ended up being 2 days late.

Zach

Yeah, I think you have to be a cable guy or phone installer for a couple years before you can even apply to be a car hauler.

ar15.gif
scotty b
[quote name='Trevorg7' date='Aug 15 2008, 09:10 PM' post='1067734']
cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Aug 15 2008, 08:45 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
[/quote]

Really? I was a bit worried as I was explaining to Mike during my inspection. Glad its a good doner!

T
[/quote]

Really. All those comments about east vs west are TRUE. You guys toss cars that we would love to have. The only rust issues on this one I saw upon a quick inspection were a small area in the hell hole and a spot in the drivers floor. I have no doubt there will be more, and I do fear what is hidden under the molded rockes. Body..... yeah it's rough but it is all very fixable.
messix
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Aug 16 2008, 07:49 AM) *

Zach

Yeah, I think you have to be a cable guy or phone installer for a couple years before you can even apply to be a car hauler.

ar15.gif

fuch u mark!!! happy11.gif laugh.gif shades.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(messix @ Aug 17 2008, 11:09 AM) *

Zach

ar15.gif

Hey! You've put in your time as a cable guy. Get a job as a car hauler and you can just blow off being on call for Labor Day. poke.gif
Besides, who wants to wait for the Cable Guy on a holiday?
messix
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Aug 17 2008, 11:57 AM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Aug 17 2008, 11:09 AM) *

Zach

ar15.gif

Hey! You've put in your time as a cable guy. Get a job as a car hauler and you can just blow off being on call for Labor Day. poke.gif
Besides, who wants to wait for the Cable Guy on a holiday?

no one's waiting on me unless pud goes off or an edfa dies.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.