Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> AAR Auxilary Air Regulator 1.8 on a 2.0?
thompson-mfr
post May 6 2009, 01:12 PM
Post #1

Thompson, Ryan

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,598
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Hello all!

This is my first use of the forum system? If this is not the correct location for this please let me know.

I have previously just used others Q&A's to answer my questions and until now have found every question answered! Thank you to all!

Sooner or later I had to come out of the closet. "Hi, My name is Ryan and I am addicted to 914's" (owner of 74 2.0 4.5 years)

Now to my question:

Can I use a 1.8 AAR on a 2.0? I have read the answer is NO! but would like some explanation as it seems this is not that crutial of a part and just serves mainly in cold warm up. I have the 1.8 one installed (PO did it), but found out later that this is not the correct one. When I first hooked it back up after replacing the motor it seemed to be doing its job???

I have read on 3 different D-Jet websites that this part is NLA and you can rebuild the old ones, but I will never be concourse and don't care. I do have an old one from the PO but do not know it condition (guessing would need rebuilt) These sites stated that the 1.8 or (944) version wouldn't work on a 2.0??

Here is what my AAR looks like.

(IMG:http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww224/thompson-mfr/AAR.jpg)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 12:21 AM