Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT! Bad News for the Lotus...
Qarl
post Nov 6 2006, 02:25 PM
Post #41

Shriveled member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 271
Region Association: None

(IMG:http://www.my914-6.com/crap/PICT0077.JPG)

This is no joke...

fu@K, Sh!+, CR^P! DAMAGE!!!!
First of all, I did EVERYTHING I was supposed to except stick around and watch.

Dropped my Elise off to the local Goodyear shop to have new F1G3s installed. My Father-in-law is the service manager and has been for 10 years. He is out on medical leave, but he met me at the shop this morning, because he understands the uniqueness of the car.

I handed them the tire tools and opened the Owner's Manual to the jacking instructions so they would be clear. We went over all the instructions and they assured me I was in good hands.

We (my father-in-law and I both left)

1 hour later I get a call about the "accident" and that I needed to come down...

WTF!

The picture above is what I found...

It get's better. They said they read the manual, but not to the point where it spoke about the 4-point lift. After the crash, they continued reading. Yipee for me.

The damage is inclusive of the rear clam, front clam, underneath the driver's door, and a nice puncture through the bottom diffuser around the passenger seat area.

More pics here... http://www.my914-6.com/crap

When I was there, they had a wrecker attached with a winch to the front end so it wouldn't come crashing down. After it cleared the lift, the front end swung around and crashed into some tool chests.

I'm mostly worried about the rear structure... the puncture underneath and the loss of value of the car (it's paid off free and clear)!

I've already called Dimmit in Clearwater and they are expecting the vehicle. Goodyear has filed the claim with their carrier and has promised to fully cover the repair. Luckly my FIL was there as a witness.

What else do I need to be concerned about in the repair/insurance claim? Diminished value, loss of use (not my primary vehicle), etc.

Dammit!!!! And I have the Central Florida Lotus Fun Run on Saturday which I've been organizing. Guess I'll have to drive the 911.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Qarl   OT! Bad News for the Lotus...   Nov 6 2006, 02:25 PM
Brew   Holy guacamole!!! That sucks, to say t...   Nov 6 2006, 02:28 PM
d914   oh my,,,,,,that purely sucks.....you didn't ki...   Nov 6 2006, 02:35 PM
turboman808   Jeez I am seeing this happen more and more. Do pe...   Nov 6 2006, 02:37 PM
MJHanna   OH Karl that just makes me sick looking at your pi...   Nov 6 2006, 02:49 PM
pete-stevers   Karl that is really crappy!!! i would ...   Nov 6 2006, 02:54 PM
DNHunt   Since you are free t0 post this I assume you are n...   Nov 6 2006, 02:55 PM
nocones   Crap Qarl. I'm suprised it weathered the fall...   Nov 6 2006, 03:03 PM
SirAndy  
  Nov 7 2006, 08:40 PM
wbergtho  
  Nov 7 2006, 09:04 PM
rick 918-S   Check the laws in Florida. I think there is a prov...   Nov 7 2006, 09:48 PM
Qarl   Unfortunately, the tragic event is becoming popula...   Nov 7 2006, 09:55 PM
jhadler   Karl, You can add another forum: rmsolo.org... I...   Nov 7 2006, 11:12 PM
Qarl   Ha ha!   Nov 7 2006, 11:43 PM
URY914   Q, You made it to FerrariChat... http://www.ferr...   Nov 8 2006, 11:07 AM
Vacca Rabite   Also a feature over on nasioc.com OT forum.   Nov 8 2006, 11:49 AM
turboman808   HAHA you know this has poped up on Honda-tech now...   Nov 8 2006, 03:23 PM
Steve Thacker   Qarl, I looked at one of your new toys at the dea...   Nov 8 2006, 03:33 PM
mikez  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 04:50 PM