Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 0% Ethanol, Questions
JmuRiz
post Feb 9 2024, 09:39 PM
Post #41

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 50
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I’d have to drive 45 min each way to get some, doesn’t exactly work out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) if there was some close I’d get it even if it were $2/gal more than the crazy costs around here.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sechszylinder
post Feb 10 2024, 01:57 AM
Post #42

Member No.: 545
Region Association: None

I‘ve had no problems running my 2.0 l 4 cylinder d-jet engine with E5 and E10 as sold in germany at our gas stations.
At least 10 years of trouble free driving …
One thing is for sure, that you should have an eye on your fuel lines, since they get brittle over the time, if you do not have ethanol capable hoses.

I really didn't get it it. What should happen, besides the fuel lines getting brittle, which can be avoided by using the right ones?
I mean, the fuel system of our cars is really that simple and , correct me if i‘m wrong, even the knock resistance is higher with an higher amount of ethanol ?

br
benno
+Quote Post
mb911
post Feb 10 2024, 06:28 AM
Post #43

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I should clarify the next county is a 10 minute drive so I use 91 non ethonal in my 914, lawnmower, boat but my kids use 87 ethonal on their 944s cause well they are young and cheap. They do sell race fuel 100 octane locally for 6-7 dollars per gallon
+Quote Post
Superhawk996
post Feb 10 2024, 07:45 AM
Post #44

914 Guru

Member No.: 22,428
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Baffled by two things:

1. This thread is still going strong 6 months later.
2. Folks don’t realize ethanol in gasoline is nothing new.

Ethanol in gas history.
https://www.eia.gov/kids/history-of-energy/...nes/ethanol.php

Lots of people were getting “Gasahol” without even realizing it before pump sampling and labeling requirements came into existence. Ethanol has been around since 914s were new.

Do I favor its nationwide mandate? Nope.

Would I rather have pure gas? Yup.

Is Ethanol blend the worst thing to happen in the automotive world and responsible for all the fuel system issues it’s blamed for? Nope.

Anyone remember having to add HEET (alcohol) additive to gas in the dead cold of winter to keep fuel systems from freezing? I sure do!
+Quote Post
mb911
post Feb 10 2024, 12:02 PM
Post #45

914 Guru

So the unique thing for me at least as part of my K&n filter test for a former employer I also did fuel testing. I really stay out as much as possible of several threads because everyone argues. Those typically are welding ( seems everyone is an expert ) k&n filters, and fuel. I caved on the last one just now.
+Quote Post
Superhawk996
post Feb 10 2024, 12:56 PM
Post #46

914 Guru

Member No.: 22,428
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

QUOTE(mb911 @ Feb 10 2024, 02:02 PM) *

So the unique thing for me at least as part of my K&n filter test for a former employer I also did fuel testing. I really stay out as much as possible of several threads because everyone argues. Those typically are welding ( seems everyone is an expert ) k&n filters, and fuel. I caved on the last one just now.

I need to heed your wisdom

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)
+Quote Post
mb911
post Feb 10 2024, 02:05 PM
Post #47

914 Guru

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Feb 10 2024, 10:56 AM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Feb 10 2024, 02:02 PM) *

I need to heed your wisdom

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)

The welding thing bothers me the most but I just bite my lip. I equate that this- just because I own a computer does not mean I am a computer programmer but for some reason if my neighbor buys a welder they have become and expert and share all kinds of “knowledge “ lol. If you search I once did a huge explanation on welding /types/ brands and within 2 posts they were discussing how awesome their harbor freight flux core machine welded in some structural panels . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 04:30 AM