Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Battery Replacement, Battery Recommendations
Mblizzard
post Mar 23 2013, 03:18 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,438
Region Association: South East States

Got to go for another drive today. Very nice until we stopped and tried to restart the car. Seems like the battery was not up to the task. Generator seems to be working as the car started right up with a jump.

I will have the battery checked but I was wondering what recommendations were out there for a new battery. I searched and ran across a thread that suggested the optima 34R. But the specs seem to make it a little tall to use and it is $200.

Any other options in a sealed battery with a lower cost?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 23)
913B
post Mar 26 2013, 06:20 PM
Post #21

Member No.: 3,983
Region Association: None

QUOTE(KENNY @ Mar 26 2013, 05:01 PM) *

This is what I use in the past 4 years . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Kinda hard to tell if there is lip or ridge at the bottom of battery. But I guess if you had it for 4 years there must be some extra material on the side of the battery for the bracket to hold onto ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
913B
post Apr 12 2013, 11:53 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 3,983

This is what I use in the past 4 years . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Tried to start my car after a long hibernation and guess what battery is dead. I need a battery. So the question is still is there an edge to use the stock bracket. did i see a bungee cord wrap around your battery. Can you please confirm if it can be secured with the factory bracket at the bottom of the battery.

Thanks in advance

Ted
+Quote Post
rfuerst911sc
post Apr 13 2013, 03:31 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,980
Region Association: South East States

To my knowledge there is not a lip at the bottom front edge of the PC925. In the picture " kenny " posted I think the stock bracket is only holding the battery from sliding towards the engine, it looks like he has a bungy cord holding it down. Most of the Odyssey , Braille and others like them are NOT a direct bolt in replacement, but their advantages of power, weight and lack of leaking acid outweigh the inconvenience of having to make/purchase an adapter mount.
+Quote Post
KENNY
post Apr 13 2013, 04:44 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 243

QUOTE(porsche913b_sp @ Mar 26 2013, 04:20 PM) *

Kinda hard to tell if there is lip or ridge at the bottom of battery. But I guess if you had it for 4 years there must be some extra material on the side of the battery for the bracket to hold onto ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Apr 13 2013, 01:31 AM) *

To my knowledge there is not a lip at the bottom front edge of the PC925. In the picture " kenny " posted I think the stock bracket is only holding the battery from sliding towards the engine, it looks like he has a bungy cord holding it down. Most of the Odyssey , Braille and others like them are NOT a direct bolt in replacement, but their advantages of power, weight and lack of leaking acid outweigh the inconvenience of having to make/purchase an adapter mount.

There is no lip in the battery but the littlle bracket is holding back and down tide . The buggy is just there in case.the bracket is big enough to hold.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 04:07 AM