Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Stolen 914 on Ebay, Purchased from Camp 914 a year ago and then stolen.
ConeDodger
post Jun 8 2007, 04:35 PM
Post #1

Apex killer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

Have you guys heard about the stolen 914 on Ebay? Purchased from Camp914 a year and a half ago and then stolen from the new owner. Ebay seller has been informed and is NOT stopping the auction. Claims he bought it legally! That actually sounds familiar. Orange and nice. This guy should seriously stop this auction before this plie of stromberg gets deeper...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
10 Pages V « < 8 9 10  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Replies(180 - 191)
ConeDodger
post Jul 3 2007, 01:29 PM
Post #181

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(smokey @ Jul 3 2007, 12:27 AM) *

thank u grant. The mystery man dose not want to be slammed . on a site he likes. He is a teener..

Easy now Smokey. Before you start thinking Grant is your only friend you need to know something... Grant is the quintessential devils-advocate. He likes to balance arguments. You are losing so in order to bring everything out into the open and discover what is really going on he argues your side. Often, this uncovers more truth. He calls it stirring the shit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif) But I have known Grant long enough to know he is intelligent and knows what he is doing when he does that. He is correct. There are holes in both of your stories. He is just trying to "out" one of you.
This is not the place this should play out. You are clearly not willing to let Mr. Mason work it out with you. Why don't you two place the car in the physical custody of a neutral third party and go to a mediator. Bring all of your witnesses and paperwork and let them decide.
If you want to stick to your position knowing your selling someone elses stolen car then you really shouldn't hang out here. You will find the names you are called disturbing. But, then again, it is important to have an accurate self-image.
+Quote Post
tdgray
post Jul 3 2007, 01:34 PM
Post #182

Thank God Nemo is not here to see this

Member No.: 984
Region Association: None

Great now look who chimes in. This couldn't get anymore F'd up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
N14
post Jul 3 2007, 01:40 PM
Post #183

Out There

Member No.: 7,119

Oh to be 10 yrs old again 'finders keepers losers weepers'

+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Jul 3 2007, 02:46 PM
Post #184

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433

QUOTE(smokey @ Jul 3 2007, 10:44 AM) *

QUOTE(ammason @ Jul 3 2007, 08:08 AM) *

QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Jul 2 2007, 11:59 PM) *

I don't know about you, but I have many friends that if I were going away for a time they would watch all my stuff for free. Not only that, but they would be insulted if I tried to pay rent. Now some of those friends I would trust more than others, and some I would rather die before I trusted my cars to them. Just because they are a friend does not make them responsible (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) At any rate, It would be interesting to hear what this frind has to say about it all. This whole situation sucks for both parties, butI strongly believe that the car still rightly belongs to Aaron as he never released his interest in the property.

The story with my friend goes like this:

When I was planning my trip, I was supposed to be gone a month. I left the car in the care of my friend, and a month later, when I found out about the sailing gig, the friend said he'd be happy to continue to take care of the car. About 2 months later he moved a few blocks down the street, and decided that he didn't want to drive the car much because it had developed an oil leak. What 914 doesn't? The place he moved to was a loft building that didn't have parking for his motorcycle, his truck, and my car, so he left it parked where it had been, informed his neighbors, and made sure to keep checking on it. Then one day it was gone, and seeing as there was street cleaning, he figured it's been towed. I got back, we went to look in the tow yards, and you guys know the rest of the story.

I never paid rent for my friend to look after the car - that just never came up. Why would money have to go between friends? I do a lot of favors for people, and being the kind of person who lets a friend drive my Porsche while I'm away is probably the reason why a few months later a different friend flew me to Egypt via Amsterdam and paid for all our expenses. I could've just stored the car at my dad's winery, but instead I chose to pay for the insurance so my friend could enjoy my car while I wasn't able to.

If trusting my friend to look after my car was a mistake, then fine, I trusted a friend - I'll take that blame anytime; I have lots of friends and I trust them all - but that hardly constitutes justification for someone laying claim to my stolen car.

Gee Aaron, how is this car stolen! Please prove that!? CHP said it should have never been reported stolen because it never WAS stolen. You have a car down the street with the wrong plates on it being watched by a "friend" in Oakland and street cleaning. The car WAS TOWED NOT STOLEN! They (Tow Company)did not contact you because the plate that "looked good" was not you! And by the time you looked in the tow yards it was liened. You should know well enough that cars are towed from the street and complexes in the Bay Area 100's of times a day. Just go to City tow in San Francisco. Your incompetence in storing your car on the streets of Oakland or in a complex (where all it takes is 1 complaint), puting the compliant plates on it and trusting the wrong "friend" has led to your loss. That is a lack of thought of care in your vehicle. Not eveyone is on your timetable! REPEAT this car was not stolen!

You can butter up all the people on this site with your thanks and praise, yet I can't afford your foolishness. I stopped the auction originally to take the time to contact CHP as well as friends in Law enforcement, counsel etc. and give you the benefit of the doubt. I understood your loss and the discussion was to get you your car back.
Then for 3 weeks you never once contacted me. Correct? No effort on your part to provide detailed proof of anything but incompetence. You have also failed to demonstrate any seriosness in settlement. No communication whatsoever. Yet I read all the fourm threads in great detail. "I" am just a theif with a "stolen?" car, no morals, class, heart, that needs to be snuffed! "I" should give the car back, "I" should go after the lein company, "I" should get an insurance company to pay me back my funds? On the fricken contrary.
This wholething Disgusts me! You never intended to pay the costs at all. You want me to store the car for a few months until you find somebody somewhere to give you your old car. Get real, That's not going to happen.! I have legal title on this car. I bought the car legally. I have done nothing wrong! You on the otherhand have been inept on all fronts. This ludicrous situation was never of "my" choosing

I have suspected this is probably closer to the true story, but who knows?
+Quote Post
dakotaewing
post Jul 3 2007, 03:15 PM
Post #185

Member No.: 897
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(N14 @ Jul 3 2007, 02:40 PM) *

Oh to be 10 yrs old again 'finders keepers losers weepers'

10 years old?
More like 3.5...

My 8 year old daughter has more sense than that -

Smokey wants to completly ignore the laws, or only apply them when they appear to be in his favor, and claim that the car is his based on some far fetched idea that Aaron"deserved" to lose the car -

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

What a crock of shit...
+Quote Post
ammason
post Jul 3 2007, 03:35 PM
Post #186

Member No.: 3,758
Region Association: Hawaii

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Jul 3 2007, 12:46 PM) *

Gee Aaron, how is this car stolen! Please prove that!? CHP said it should have never been reported stolen because it never WAS stolen. You have a car down the street with the wrong plates on it being watched by a "friend" in Oakland and street cleaning. The car WAS TOWED NOT STOLEN! They (Tow Company)did not contact you because the plate that "looked good" was not you! And by the time you looked in the tow yards it was liened. You should know well enough that cars are towed from the street and complexes in the Bay Area 100's of times a day. Just go to City tow in San Francisco. Your incompetence in storing your car on the streets of Oakland or in a complex (where all it takes is 1 complaint), puting the compliant plates on it and trusting the wrong "friend" has led to your loss. That is a lack of thought of care in your vehicle. Not eveyone is on your timetable! REPEAT this car was not stolen!

You can butter up all the people on this site with your thanks and praise, yet I can't afford your foolishness. I stopped the auction originally to take the time to contact CHP as well as friends in Law enforcement, counsel etc. and give you the benefit of the doubt. I understood your loss and the discussion was to get you your car back.
Then for 3 weeks you never once contacted me. Correct? No effort on your part to provide detailed proof of anything but incompetence. You have also failed to demonstrate any seriosness in settlement. No communication whatsoever. Yet I read all the fourm threads in great detail. "I" am just a theif with a "stolen?" car, no morals, class, heart, that needs to be snuffed! "I" should give the car back, "I" should go after the lein company, "I" should get an insurance company to pay me back my funds? On the fricken contrary.
This wholething Disgusts me! You never intended to pay the costs at all. You want me to store the car for a few months until you find somebody somewhere to give you your old car. Get real, That's not going to happen.! I have legal title on this car. I bought the car legally. I have done nothing wrong! You on the otherhand have been inept on all fronts. This ludicrous situation was never of "my" choosing

I don't understand how this car is not stolen. Someone took it from me, and Oakland PD themselves told me that it wasn't towed and that it was stolen. It wasn't towed. I don't want to waste any more time debating that.

I offered to pay for the car weeks ago, just as I did a few days ago, and didn't get a response while I've been following up on my side of this investigation. I told you I'd take care of all details as I've had multiple offers from people here and friends in Oakland to handle everything from paperwork to car storage for me in CA, but your intentions it seems have never been to sell the car back to me without making a profit.

If this is just going to be us going back and forth with speculation then let's just save ourselves the trouble and stop posting. As I've said before, we're both going to do what we're going to do, and making wild accusations on this board isn't going to help anyone.

If anyone here has any specific questions then please ask; otherwise, Smokey, please save everyone here the headache.
+Quote Post
smokey
post Jul 3 2007, 03:41 PM
Post #187

Member No.: 7,816

QUOTE(ammason @ Jul 3 2007, 02:35 PM) *

I don't understand how this car is not stolen. Someone took it from me, and Oakland PD themselves told me that it wasn't towed and that it was stolen. It wasn't towed. I don't want to waste any more time debating that.

I offered to pay for the car weeks ago, just as I did a few days ago, and didn't get a response while I've been following up on my side of this investigation. I told you I'd take care of all details as I've had multiple offers from people here and friends in Oakland to handle everything from paperwork to car storage for me in CA, but your intentions it seems have never been to sell the car back to me without making a profit.

If this is just going to be us going back and forth with speculation then let's just save ourselves the trouble and stop posting. As I've said before, we're both going to do what we're going to do, and making wild accusations on this board isn't going to help anyone.

If anyone here has any specific questions then please ask; otherwise, Smokey, please save everyone here the headache.

Prove it Aaron! Prove it!!
I am the only headache from Wild Accusations! And when did you offer to pay me? When? You are unbelievable!
+Quote Post
TROJANMAN
post Jul 3 2007, 03:54 PM
Post #188

Looks nice in pictures.........

Member No.: 1,753

Why do i find myself drawn to such idiocy? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Rand
post Jul 3 2007, 03:56 PM
Post #189

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573

This clearly sucks for ammason. The car was taken from him. No question about that lame fact.

But dang. Good lesson here: A car left on a public street for any extended period of time is subject to being towed. Leaving such a car out there for so long with out-of-state obsolete plates is pretty foolish. Especially when you are putting off that responsibility "because it looks cool and might get you out of a ticket because the cop doesn't want to deal with it." That's just dumb thinking. Seems to me that taking care of this responsibility would have prevented this mess, no??

I'm not making a case for Smokey at all. I'm not impressed with his BS here. Based on what I've read though, I don't blame him for ending up with the car.

What I would like to see based on the little bit of history here:
1. We all learn from ammason's mistake.
2. Smokey, do the moral/ethical/cool/right thing and help ammason get his car back as simply as possible without trying to make a bunch of profit on it.
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Jul 3 2007, 03:57 PM
Post #190

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433

I would think anyone buying this car would want formal document from CHP that clears this car and states the facts of the case.
+Quote Post
dakotaewing
post Jul 3 2007, 03:57 PM
Post #191

Member No.: 897
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(smokey @ Jul 3 2007, 04:41 PM) *

QUOTE(ammason @ Jul 3 2007, 02:35 PM) *

Prove it Aaron! Prove it!!
I am the only headache from Wild Accusations! And when did you offer to pay me? When? You are unbelievable!

Aaron -
If you have the proof, rather than providing it to Smokey, please send it to the FEDs in Oakland, and insist that they investigate Smokey for attempting to sell a stolen vehicle - Smokey continues to insist you provide all the proof, while he has provided nothing -
For the sake of all, please make sure he gets what he deserves - at the very least, a huge pain in the ass -
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Jul 3 2007, 04:21 PM
Post #192

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

As entertaining as this thread has been... and it's had it's moments... it's time to move on. Please direct any of your questions to the parties involved - through PMs or email.

Kind regards,
Lawrence
+Quote Post

10 Pages V « < 8 9 10
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 08:11 PM