Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stolen 914 on Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
ConeDodger
Have you guys heard about the stolen 914 on Ebay? Purchased from Camp914 a year and a half ago and then stolen from the new owner. Ebay seller has been informed and is NOT stopping the auction. Claims he bought it legally! That actually sounds familiar. Orange and nice. This guy should seriously stop this auction before this plie of stromberg gets deeper...
GWN7
Link?
jonferns
yea...which one is it??? there are currently 9 on there...--JON biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Jun 8 2007, 03:37 PM) *

Link?

I contacted Ebay and the seller and I see it has now been pulled. The seller actually sent me an email that was pretty smart assed and told me to stay out of it and that he had bought it legally. As if there is a way to legally buy a stolen car. Pretty sure there isn't... Perhaps away you would not be held legally responsible but not "legally".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...ADME:L:RTQ:US:1
GWN7
VIN Number: 60406022348 Hmmmm?

When & where was it stolen?

Does the person who owned it when it was stolen been notified that it was listed on Ebay?
SLITS
Hey ..... I know who could give excellent expertise in this matter!
ConeDodger
Owner knows. He wants his car back but the guy is claiming lein sale from towing company blah blah blah...
GWN7
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 8 2007, 03:03 PM) *

Owner knows. He wants his car back but the guy is claiming lein sale from towing company blah blah blah...

Tell him to call the cops....we know how those lein sales work out
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 8 2007, 03:03 PM) *

Would that be the Death Valley Towing company?
orthobiz
WOW! What a story! My 914 was sold (legally) from 914world earlier this year. Owner posted over 100 pics on photobucket and I recognized it IMMEDIATELY. I missed buying it by two days.

Anyway, what is really cool about these cars is how they're instantly, undeniably recognizable from the description and a few pics. When I told people how MY old car was on the internet for sale, the most common thing I heard was "oh, you mean a car LIKE your car" or "how do you know it's YOUR car."

Like there's any possible way a mother wouldn't recognize her kid on a milk carton!

So...the upshot of the whole thing is,

THIEVES BEWARE! The 914 community is watching!

Paul
JPB
BUUUUUURN HIIIIM!!! He turned me once into a newt. I got betta. beer.gif
skline
The control between the seats is a rare cruise control option? I always thought it was the heater control? confused24.gif
ptravnic
QUOTE(skline @ Jun 9 2007, 12:08 AM) *

The control between the seats is a rare cruise control option? I always thought it was the heater control? confused24.gif

Yeah, I'd love to know how folks hook that up...
Project 6
Post who the owner that the car was stolen from. Otherwise it is pure speculation.

Like asking if (fill in the blank) is still beating his wife.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Bass Fisher @ Jun 8 2007, 10:06 PM) *

Post who the owner that the car was stolen from. Otherwise it is pure speculation.

Owner is anmason from the old club site. Since this situation is well known to many of us I would not call it "pure speculation".
The entire thread about when he bought it, when he lost it etc. Is on the old Club site. The person he bought if from is Craig Laughlin from Camp914.

Not really sure how the old thing about is so-and-so beating his wife applies here either. You wouldn't happen to be Holley911 from EBay would you?
orange914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 8 2007, 03:51 PM) *

hey hey easy... (from the other mike m(iller) )
SirAndy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 8 2007, 09:47 PM) *

The entire thread about when he bought it, when he lost it etc. Is on the old Club site.

Dear Mr. C. Dodger ...

this *is* the old club site. that thread never left the house, it's all *here* ...
poke.gif Andy
Dr Evil
So did you get contact info before spooking the guy? Does Craig know, or the previous owner? We
boxstr
The previous owner still had Oregon plates on the car while in the Bay area. I was the recipeint of the unpaid parking tickets.
I was never out of pocket any cash. The car was stolen, then the whole matter went away until the ebay auction. I notice the auction has ended, as the item is no longer available.
The car was actually very nice. The throttle lever between the seats was from a 914-6. Lots of other nice upgrades by the original owner.
CCLIN914NATION
boxstr
.may
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 8 2007, 10:59 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 8 2007, 09:47 PM) *

The entire thread about when he bought it, when he lost it etc. Is on the old Club site.

Dear Mr. C. Dodger ...

this *is* the old club site. that thread never left the house, it's all *here* ...
poke.gif Andy

Oh... So I make a little mistake about where content is located and the Andy who doesn't know enough not to wear brown boots with camo after memorial day jumps all over me... I get no respect. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 9 2007, 12:08 AM) *

So did you get contact info before spooking the guy? Does Craig know, or the previous owner? We

Both Craig and the PO know. Ebay will have the contact information. I doubt the guy will bolt if that is what you mean by spook. He bought the car through a legal process its just that someone failed in due diligence when checking for ownership and status. Sellers only "sin" is jacking up people who point out that it is a stolen car. He told the owner to "try that scam on someone else".
SirAndy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 9 2007, 09:28 AM) *

I get no respect

av-943.gif

grouphug.gif Andy
Project 6
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 8 2007, 10:47 PM) *

Owner is anmason from the old club site. Since this situation is well known to many of us I would not call it "pure speculation".
The entire thread about when he bought it, when he lost it etc. Is on the old Club site. The person he bought if from is Craig Laughlin from Camp914.

Not really sure how the old thing about is so-and-so beating his wife applies here either. You wouldn't happen to be Holley911 from EBay would you?

No, I'm not that person. I simply pointed out that your post was incomplete without the name of the former owner. Cool your jets.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 8 2007, 02:51 PM) *

and he did.............lol
check out the thread on clubbrad
Katmanken
Ahhhhhh.....

The ever so honorable towing companies.....
The sonsabeeches in Cincinnati were driving around, finding a likely looking car, hooking it and towing it to a "friendly" car scrapyard. They got almost $200 a car for bringing them in. Paperwork? we don't need no stinking paperwork, cash and crush.
Wouldn't put it past a towing company to snag the parked car and then title and sell it......

I'd start there with a really big ugly Attorney and work my way through the chain of buyers and sellers AND my personal insurance company (IF the car was insured).

And in NO WAY would I pay the E-bay guy. To do so is to admit guilt and settlement.

Kensmarterandwisernow
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Bass Fisher @ Jun 9 2007, 04:24 PM) *

No, I'm not that person. I simply pointed out that your post was incomplete without the name of the former owner. Cool your jets.

Cool my jets or? Interesting. 8 posts in 5 years, 25% in the last 24 hours. Did you have something you wanted to contribute or did you just come out of lurk mode to bait me? Good luck with that. ohhhh I am so angry right now I don't know what I will do!!! NOT. biggrin.gif av-943.gif
JPB
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 9 2007, 09:01 PM) *

Cool my jets or? Interesting. 8 posts in 5 years, 25% in the last 24 hours. Did you have something you wanted to contribute or did you just come out of lurk mode to bait me? Good luck with that. ohhhh I am so angry right now I don't know what I will do!!! NOT. biggrin.gif av-943.gif

Your avatar is like subconscious ain't it? Cone dodger? Thinking of marriage and she's got huge tracks of land. It's all masked into the car thing. Your dodging is the true instinct you need to listen to. Don't get married, I hate to see a good man go down. beer.gif
jimtab
QUOTE(JPB @ Jun 9 2007, 07:49 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 9 2007, 09:01 PM) *

Your avatar is like subconscious ain't it? Cone dodger? Thinking of marriage and she's got huge tracks of land. It's all masked into the car thing. Your dodging is the true instinct you need to listen to. Don't get married, I hate to see a good man go down. beer.gif

No kidding? My sweetie always says she LOVES to see a good man go down..... av-943.gif
JPB
Wachaaaa av-943.gif
porschecb
Its back up on Ebay! Wonder what happend?
jonferns
no reserve???
majkos
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Jun 30 2007, 03:37 PM) *

no reserve???

popcorn[1].gif beer3.gif popcorn[1].gif
GWN7
"This car was listed several weeks ago on ebay but a previous owner stated that this car was stolen from him 18 months ago. In the interest of be ethical, I cancelled the auction until the police investigation had been completed. The investigation is complete enough for the CHP to notify me that the car is legally mine and as such, legally mine to sell. If you would like the name and number of the CHP officer in charge of the case, just email me with your request. If you would like a faxed copy of my clear and valid California title, just email me with your request. Thanks and good luck."

Hmmmm
jonferns
B-S
john grier
I would not touch that car with a ten foot pole sad.gif
justcant
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Jun 30 2007, 04:10 PM) *

"This car was listed several weeks ago on ebay but a previous owner stated that this car was stolen from him 18 months ago. In the interest of be ethical, I cancelled the auction until the police investigation had been completed. The investigation is complete enough for the CHP to notify me that the car is legally mine and as such, legally mine to sell. If you would like the name and number of the CHP officer in charge of the case, just email me with your request. If you would like a faxed copy of my clear and valid California title, just email me with your request. Thanks and good luck."

Hmmmm

what's the ebay # and what's it going for $ ?
porschecb
QUOTE(justcant @ Jun 30 2007, 05:06 PM) *

QUOTE(GWN7 @ Jun 30 2007, 04:10 PM) *

Hmmmm

It is ORANGE. See discripition. slap.gif
Michael N

[/quote]
[/quote]

Link to car
jonferns
he listed a non-914 VIN on the ebay listing, and you cant confirm it with the VIN on the pic of the title....hmm....--JON
dflesburg
four men, ski masks, unmarked van, bats... check.

duct tape, trash bag, camera for milk carton picture.... check.

freezer, chipper shedder, pond full of ohio river carp... check.

ready to deliver some southwest ohio, northern kentucky justice....
BarberDave

smilie_pokal.gif

The seller lists the vin on E-Bay as 60406022348, That same # appears

on the very upper left coner of the title. Is that the correct place for the vin?????

Left coasters chime in please.. Dave slap.gif

sixnotfour
QUOTE(BarberDave @ Jun 30 2007, 07:51 PM) *

smilie_pokal.gif

The seller lists the vin on E-Bay as 60406022348, That same # appears

on the very upper left coner of the title. Is that the correct place for the vin?????

Left coasters chime in please.. Dave slap.gif

thats the title number, the correct VIN is below it .
Dr Evil
Mr. Oruruo King
1025 89th ave
Oakland, CA 94621

Is listed on the title. Hmmmm

This whole thing just makes me sick. What the fuck is the deal? What happened?
John
Why don't we just send a tow truck company to go get it like the last time?
smokey
Ok every one . I am the buyer and seller . my partner and I bought it from a guy in oackland named King . He is the listed Owner . and The CHP telles us we now own it ,(when telling his story to everyone) the Guy who lost the car did not say any thing about that this car has been rereged four times betweenthe time it was so called stollen. I think it was an inside job ,this WORLD travler leaves the car on the street in Oackland and all his FRIENDS know about were this car is.He is gone for months. Look; we did the correct thing buy pulling the car from the Ebay to sell it to this Guy who lost it . . we offer it to him four two thousand.(the amount i have in it ,) we has non contacted us . I guess i thinks the world will just wait for him .. RONG.. Happy bidding all . It is a great car . It s to bad it had to end up on the BAYYYYY. If u dont get pissy with me i will respond to u . Peace Rick smoke.gif
smokey
welcome.png Oh, and reed the Ebay add. popcorn[1].gif
smokey
ar15.gif happy11.gif sawzall-smiley.gif Its My snake , " I coaght it , " I kiiled It " " Im gunna eat it " !!!!!!.
porschecb
If a tree fell in the forest and there was no one there to here it, did it make a noise? dry.gif blink.gif barf.gif idea.gif huh.gif popcorn[1].gif
porschecb
Oh!! By the why! Its your turn!! finger.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.