Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Stolen 914 on Ebay, Purchased from Camp 914 a year ago and then stolen.
ConeDodger
post Jun 9 2007, 11:28 AM
Post #21

Apex killer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 8 2007, 10:59 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 8 2007, 09:47 PM) *

The entire thread about when he bought it, when he lost it etc. Is on the old Club site.

Dear Mr. C. Dodger ...

this *is* the old club site. that thread never left the house, it's all *here* ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) Andy

Oh... So I make a little mistake about where content is located and the Andy who doesn't know enough not to wear brown boots with camo after memorial day jumps all over me... I get no respect. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jun 9 2007, 11:34 AM
Post #22

Apex killer!

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 9 2007, 12:08 AM) *

So did you get contact info before spooking the guy? Does Craig know, or the previous owner? We

Both Craig and the PO know. Ebay will have the contact information. I doubt the guy will bolt if that is what you mean by spook. He bought the car through a legal process its just that someone failed in due diligence when checking for ownership and status. Sellers only "sin" is jacking up people who point out that it is a stolen car. He told the owner to "try that scam on someone else".
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jun 9 2007, 11:35 AM
Post #23

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 9 2007, 09:28 AM) *

I get no respect

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif) Andy
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Project 6
post Jun 9 2007, 05:24 PM
Post #24

large member

Member No.: 51
Region Association: None

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 8 2007, 10:47 PM) *

QUOTE(Bass Fisher @ Jun 8 2007, 10:06 PM) *

Post who the owner that the car was stolen from. Otherwise it is pure speculation.

Like asking if (fill in the blank) is still beating his wife.

Owner is anmason from the old club site. Since this situation is well known to many of us I would not call it "pure speculation".
The entire thread about when he bought it, when he lost it etc. Is on the old Club site. The person he bought if from is Craig Laughlin from Camp914.

Not really sure how the old thing about is so-and-so beating his wife applies here either. You wouldn't happen to be Holley911 from EBay would you?

No, I'm not that person. I simply pointed out that your post was incomplete without the name of the former owner. Cool your jets.
+Quote Post
TROJANMAN
post Jun 9 2007, 05:47 PM
Post #25

Looks nice in pictures.........

Member No.: 1,753

QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 8 2007, 02:51 PM) *

Hey ..... I know who could give excellent expertise in this matter!

and he did.............lol
check out the thread on clubbrad
+Quote Post
Katmanken
post Jun 9 2007, 06:40 PM
Post #26

You haven't seen me if anybody asks...

Member No.: 819
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Ahhhhhh.....

The ever so honorable towing companies.....
The sonsabeeches in Cincinnati were driving around, finding a likely looking car, hooking it and towing it to a "friendly" car scrapyard. They got almost $200 a car for bringing them in. Paperwork? we don't need no stinking paperwork, cash and crush.
Wouldn't put it past a towing company to snag the parked car and then title and sell it......

I'd start there with a really big ugly Attorney and work my way through the chain of buyers and sellers AND my personal insurance company (IF the car was insured).

And in NO WAY would I pay the E-bay guy. To do so is to admit guilt and settlement.

Kensmarterandwisernow
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jun 9 2007, 07:01 PM
Post #27

Apex killer!

QUOTE(Bass Fisher @ Jun 9 2007, 04:24 PM) *

Post who the owner that the car was stolen from. Otherwise it is pure speculation.

Owner is anmason from the old club site. Since this situation is well known to many of us I would not call it "pure speculation".
The entire thread about when he bought it, when he lost it etc. Is on the old Club site. The person he bought if from is Craig Laughlin from Camp914.

Not really sure how the old thing about is so-and-so beating his wife applies here either. You wouldn't happen to be Holley911 from EBay would you?

No, I'm not that person. I simply pointed out that your post was incomplete without the name of the former owner. Cool your jets.

Cool my jets or? Interesting. 8 posts in 5 years, 25% in the last 24 hours. Did you have something you wanted to contribute or did you just come out of lurk mode to bait me? Good luck with that. ohhhh I am so angry right now I don't know what I will do!!! NOT. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
JPB
post Jun 9 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #28

The Crimson Rocket smiles in your general direction.

Member No.: 5,107

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 9 2007, 09:01 PM) *

Cool my jets or? Interesting. 8 posts in 5 years, 25% in the last 24 hours. Did you have something you wanted to contribute or did you just come out of lurk mode to bait me? Good luck with that. ohhhh I am so angry right now I don't know what I will do!!! NOT. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

Your avatar is like subconscious ain't it? Cone dodger? Thinking of marriage and she's got huge tracks of land. It's all masked into the car thing. Your dodging is the true instinct you need to listen to. Don't get married, I hate to see a good man go down. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
+Quote Post
jimtab
post Jun 9 2007, 10:34 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 91

QUOTE(JPB @ Jun 9 2007, 07:49 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 9 2007, 09:01 PM) *

Your avatar is like subconscious ain't it? Cone dodger? Thinking of marriage and she's got huge tracks of land. It's all masked into the car thing. Your dodging is the true instinct you need to listen to. Don't get married, I hate to see a good man go down. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

No kidding? My sweetie always says she LOVES to see a good man go down..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
JPB
post Jun 10 2007, 05:49 AM
Post #30

The Crimson Rocket smiles in your general direction.

Member No.: 5,107

Wachaaaa (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
porschecb
post Jun 30 2007, 05:31 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 2,529

Its back up on Ebay! Wonder what happend?
+Quote Post
jonferns
post Jun 30 2007, 05:37 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,631
Region Association: North East States

no reserve???
+Quote Post
majkos
post Jun 30 2007, 05:45 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 1,729
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Jun 30 2007, 03:37 PM) *

no reserve???

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
GWN7
post Jun 30 2007, 06:10 PM
Post #34

King of Road Trips

Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

"This car was listed several weeks ago on ebay but a previous owner stated that this car was stolen from him 18 months ago. In the interest of be ethical, I cancelled the auction until the police investigation had been completed. The investigation is complete enough for the CHP to notify me that the car is legally mine and as such, legally mine to sell. If you would like the name and number of the CHP officer in charge of the case, just email me with your request. If you would like a faxed copy of my clear and valid California title, just email me with your request. Thanks and good luck."

Hmmmm
+Quote Post
jonferns
post Jun 30 2007, 06:11 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

B-S
+Quote Post
john grier
post Jun 30 2007, 06:57 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 2,265
Region Association: South East States

I would not touch that car with a ten foot pole (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
justcant
post Jun 30 2007, 07:06 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 7,854

QUOTE(GWN7 @ Jun 30 2007, 04:10 PM) *

"This car was listed several weeks ago on ebay but a previous owner stated that this car was stolen from him 18 months ago. In the interest of be ethical, I cancelled the auction until the police investigation had been completed. The investigation is complete enough for the CHP to notify me that the car is legally mine and as such, legally mine to sell. If you would like the name and number of the CHP officer in charge of the case, just email me with your request. If you would like a faxed copy of my clear and valid California title, just email me with your request. Thanks and good luck."

Hmmmm

what's the ebay # and what's it going for $ ?
+Quote Post
porschecb
post Jun 30 2007, 07:19 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 2,529

QUOTE(justcant @ Jun 30 2007, 05:06 PM) *

QUOTE(GWN7 @ Jun 30 2007, 04:10 PM) *

Hmmmm

It is ORANGE. See discripition. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)
+Quote Post
Michael N
post Jun 30 2007, 07:59 PM
Post #39

Certifiable

Member No.: 2,164

[/quote]
[/quote]

Link to car
+Quote Post
jonferns
post Jun 30 2007, 08:10 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

he listed a non-914 VIN on the ebay listing, and you cant confirm it with the VIN on the pic of the title....hmm....--JON
+Quote Post

10 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 06:53 PM