Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: neighbors big walnut tree fell on my yard, crushed the car tent and stuff inside...
Bogaat
post Jan 11 2007, 02:41 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,436

Technically I would bet their insurance company won't speak with you. I had a neighbors house catch on fire and it broke one of my windows. Their insurance adjustor said my home insurance needed to handle it which would mean having to use my deductable. If they can work it outside of insurance, then do it. Just keep the pics handy in case you need to use insurance. Good luck!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GWN7
post Jan 11 2007, 03:28 PM
Post #22

King of Road Trips

Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

I'd be surprised if he had insurance. No home (being torn down) usually means no policy.

If they did have insurance would their policy cover them? Are they a licenced arborist? Their insurance might just tell them to pound sand for cutting down a tree without being licenced.

Hope it works out and I'm glad the car wasn't in the tent...
+Quote Post
degreeoff
post Jan 11 2007, 07:37 PM
Post #23

I like big butts and I can not lie!

Member No.: 275
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

DOUBLE up on that wood it can be VERY valuable......
+Quote Post
914Mike
post Jan 11 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 198

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/jsharp.gif) Too bad about the Barbie! Here's a pic of my "tent" (top is steel now) in November '05. I had decided NOT to put the Alaska Blue '74 in there the day before this happened...Attached Image Eucalyptus tree lost a little (12") limb, had the whole tree removed a week later.
+Quote Post
anthony
post Jan 11 2007, 10:58 PM
Post #25

2270 club

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 218

QUOTE(faux916 @ Jan 10 2007, 08:34 PM) *

Just be careful they don't screw you. My buddy's neighbors tree fell into HIS yard and crushed his shed and his Koi pond. My buddys homeowners insurance got stuck with the bill since it landed in his yard. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

It's kind of interesting but that is the way it works with insurance when a tree falls on it's own accord. I guess they consider a tree falling an "act of god".

My tree fell and crushed a common fence. My insurance told me that they would only pay for half the fence and that my neighbors were responsible for the other half. If anything in their yard had been broken it would have been on their insurance.

In this case, since someone was cutting down the tree, it sounds like the tree contractor should cover the damage.
+Quote Post
neo914-6
post Apr 7 2007, 10:25 PM
Post #26

neo life

Member No.: 159

The contractor finally erected a new car tent and something behind it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/new_shocked.gif)
Attached Image
Attached Image
+Quote Post
anthony
post Apr 8 2007, 12:06 PM
Post #27

2270 club

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 218

Building these monster houses in existing neighborhoods with small lots is just wrong IMO. I just went through this with the neighbors behind me. They wanted to put a 25 foot tall structure 15 feet from our rear fence. Fortunately the neighbor lost in design review and it's now 35 feet from the rear fence. They just poured the foundation and it just looks like it's going to be huge.
+Quote Post
JPB
post Apr 8 2007, 07:31 PM
Post #28

The Crimson Rocket smiles in your general direction.

Member No.: 5,107

Death to all trees. Its an attack from the rain forest of HELLLLL! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
+Quote Post
krazykonrad
post Apr 8 2007, 07:40 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 5,610

You can at least take solace in the fact that your neighbor's new house is constructed entirely from cheap ass ply wood! Suckers!
Konrad
+Quote Post
neo914-6
post Apr 8 2007, 11:17 PM
Post #30

neo life

Member No.: 159

QUOTE(anthony @ Apr 8 2007, 11:06 AM) *

Building these monster houses in existing neighborhoods with small lots is just wrong IMO. I just went through this with the neighbors behind me. They wanted to put a 25 foot tall structure 15 feet from our rear fence. Fortunately the neighbor lost in design review and it's now 35 feet from the rear fence. They just poured the foundation and it just looks like it's going to be huge.

I agree, the whole quaint character of our street is changing from what attracted us to this area. There are now about 15% new homes on our street and this is or one of the biggest. The Building Code allows for 45% sq ft and this lot is 10k+ so all is legal and us neighbors can't do a thing about it. The flag lot to our right requires the Planning Dept and neighborhood approval but builders are gaining more power to build as they seem fit. The city isn't about to impede "progress" along with building fees and higher taxes are they? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Apr 8 2007, 11:40 PM
Post #31

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

I just saw this thread!!! Sorry to hear about the tree (ya I know... a little late....)

Was over there yesterday.. the house they are building is stupid big... All the other houses in the area are rather small houses, and theres this house thats 4x as big being built.... its just stupid big..
+Quote Post
Midtowner
post Apr 8 2007, 11:45 PM
Post #32

Ooooo!

Member No.: 3,316
Region Association: None

"Anyone got a light?" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
Tobra
post Apr 9 2007, 12:08 AM
Post #33

Member No.: 4,634

QUOTE(richardmosselman @ Jan 10 2007, 05:46 PM) *

Looks like that tree was being strangled by ivy-can affect the health of the tree and add an enormous amt of weight!(more than you think).

exactly, that tree did not just fall over, it was killed by neglect hope they are insured adequately
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 08:34 PM