Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need help transporting a FB bumper to McMark, Anyone from Socal going to the BBQ?
bdstone914
post Jun 22 2010, 10:47 PM
Post #1

bdstone914

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,319

I need to get a fiberglass 916 type bumper to Mark DeBarnardi's in Sonoma. Anyone going from Socal in the near future to Sonoma, Sacramanto or near by area that haul it up? Trying to help out a fellow teener and save some freight $$.

Please PM me as I do not often check back here.

Bruce
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jun 23 2010, 07:03 PM
Post #2

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) The bumper is for Gopak's car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) I would consider this a personal favor.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Jun 23 2010, 10:07 PM
Post #3

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

I can help with the last 60 miles or so if it goes anywhere around Sacramento, Oakland, San Jose, or Modesto....

+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post Jun 23 2010, 10:14 PM
Post #4

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496
Region Association: None

How about putting it on a greyhound bus? They ship cheap.
+Quote Post
Gint
post Jun 24 2010, 05:33 AM
Post #5

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I'm going to change the word "Keep" in the title of this thread to "Need". It's driving me crazy... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jun 24 2010, 06:49 AM
Post #6

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jun 23 2010, 11:14 PM) *

How about putting it on a greyhound bus? They ship cheap.

That's our second option. Just trying to hold the line a little on cost.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jun 24 2010, 11:19 AM
Post #7

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

I have a better idea. The Norcal boys and girls owe the Socal boys and girls a visit. Chief NARP Dude Joe Sharp came up to a Norcal BBQ about 4-5 years ago and we have owed a return favor. If someone wants to have a BBQ (Joe Sharp - hint hint) and get the gang together. McMark and I will drive down and pick the thing up. It would have to be on a weekend that I don't work so I propose the 10th of July. Burgers are on you NARPsters by the way!

Rick did a favor. That is what we do here. We come together as a community and get things done for each other. He shouldn't take it in the shorts to repair this car. We can get things done and have fun too. Who is in? Norcal guys??? Mark and I will drive down and back the same day as we have too many projects going to spend more than a day. But if you guys want to caravan down and stay for a day or so - rock on! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Jun 24 2010, 09:46 PM
Post #8

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

Rob,

That would be great if you came down. I think Joe is over due for a BBQ.
Any other Norcal guys have any planned trips to Socal?

Bruce

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 24 2010, 08:19 AM) *

I have a better idea. The Norcal boys and girls owe the Socal boys and girls a visit. Chief NARP Dude Joe Sharp came up to a Norcal BBQ about 4-5 years ago and we have owed a return favor. If someone wants to have a BBQ (Joe Sharp - hint hint) and get the gang together. McMark and I will drive down and pick the thing up. It would have to be on a weekend that I don't work so I propose the 10th of July. Burgers are on you NARPsters by the way!

Rick did a favor. That is what we do here. We come together as a community and get things done for each other. He shouldn't take it in the shorts to repair this car. We can get things done and have fun too. Who is in? Norcal guys??? Mark and I will drive down and back the same day as we have too many projects going to spend more than a day. But if you guys want to caravan down and stay for a day or so - rock on! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Jun 24 2010, 10:06 PM
Post #9

914 Guru

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 7,407

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 22 2010, 09:47 PM) *

I need to get a fiberglass 916 type bumper to Mark DeBarnardi's in Sonoma. Anyone going from Socal in the near future to Sonoma, Sacramanto or near by area that haul it up? Trying to help out a fellow teener and save some freight $$.

Bruce

I just sent Bruce a PM. I will be down south this weekend and can bring it as far as Paso Robles on sunday if that will help.
Cheers, Elliot
+Quote Post
swood
post Jun 24 2010, 10:12 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 251

I was going to say I'm going to Paso next weekend from LB...
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jun 24 2010, 10:36 PM
Post #11

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 24 2010, 12:19 PM) *

Thanks for the offer to help with this. Most don't know what this is about or why I want to get a bumper to McMark's shop. I want to clear up a few things so here's the spin.

I bought a 914 from Bryanf and was heading to Cali to pick it up. I had an empty trailer. Gopaks was moving from WI. and needed his car hauled out to Cali. I agreed to bring it out for him. I had a strap fail and his car rolled forward and ended up hitting the back of the mothership. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) The front 916 bumper was damaged along with the trunk floor.
McMark welded the floor and it turned out perfect. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (Thanks Mark!)

This leaves the front bumper. I thought I had a 916 front bumper here in storage but I must have given it way or something.
So, Bruce came to the resque and agreed to set me up with a replacement. That leaves the issue of getting the bumper up to Nor Cal.

Bruce priced out shipping via Greyhound and it's really pretty cheap so if the trip south to the Joe Sharp BBQ doesn't pan out we have plan "B" ready to execute.

True I attempted to do a favor and help a guy out. But in my book a favor should not involve leaving a guy's car in worse condition than when you took possesion. I can't roll like that. Never could, never will.
Gopak (Mark) has been great about it. Were near the place where we can put this behind us.
Most of all McMark has been a stand up guy. Anyone needing some work done should really give McMark a call. You won't regret it. The first time I ever met him he borrowed me his battery hold down at candle stick so I could embarrass myself in the Alien trying to run the AX course. I got lost in the middle of the course and ended up with a DNF... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Thanks Rob, Mark, and Bruce. Just let me know if you need a favor. See ya at the RRC. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jun 24 2010, 10:41 PM
Post #12

Apex killer!

It's nothing Rick... For the favors you do for everyone else and all you add to the community, really... it's nothing. Besides, with a little luck we can get in on some of that famous Joe Sharp BBQ!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jun 24 2010, 10:45 PM
Post #13

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 24 2010, 11:41 PM) *

It's nothing Rick... For the favors you do for everyone else and all you add to the community, really... it's nothing. Besides, with a little luck we can get in on some of that famous Joe Sharp BBQ!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)

I jealous, I've been to one of Joe's BBQ! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif)
+Quote Post
McMark
post Jun 24 2010, 11:25 PM
Post #14

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419

The first time I ever met him he borrowed me his battery hold down at candle stick so I could embarrass myself in the Alien

Holy CRAP! I forgot about that. That was a long time ago. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jun 24 2010, 11:35 PM
Post #15

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 25 2010, 12:25 AM) *

The first time I ever met him he borrowed me his battery hold down at candle stick so I could embarrass myself in the Alien

Holy CRAP! I forgot about that. That was a long time ago. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) Ya, So long guy's are making wise cracks about my hair color. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/howard.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jun 25 2010, 06:50 AM
Post #16

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(swood @ Jun 24 2010, 11:12 PM) *

Where is LB? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jun 25 2010, 06:58 AM
Post #17

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 24 2010, 11:06 PM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 22 2010, 09:47 PM) *

Bruce

I just sent Bruce a PM. I will be down south this weekend and can bring it as far as Paso Robles on sunday if that will help.
Cheers, Elliot

That may work if we can figure out a way to get it the rest of the way. Thanks Elliot! Let's see how this plays out.
+Quote Post
swood
post Jun 25 2010, 04:34 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 251

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jun 25 2010, 04:50 AM) *

QUOTE(swood @ Jun 24 2010, 11:12 PM) *

Where is LB? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Sorry, da LBC, Homie...(Long Beach)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jun 25 2010, 10:30 PM
Post #19

Apex killer!

This is all on hold for now... It looks like Mark can put the magic smoke back in the existing 916 front bumper. But if the NARPsters did have a BBQ, we would not be adverse to coming down (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 08:09 PM