Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> frnt bearing endplay, before i button things up
rhodyguy
post May 2 2003, 08:34 PM
Post #1

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

new bearings, races,seals. when installing the rotors i ran the clamping nut down to the point where the rotor would'nt turn w/out firm pressure. eased off, just get movement on the washer when i insert a screwdriver. rotor spins nicely. is the general consensus good to go? one step closer.

kevin
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post May 2 2003, 11:30 PM
Post #2

914 Idiot

Group: Members
Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

If the washer moves when you pry it with a screwdriver, it's loose enough.

Button it up, put the road-wheel on. Grab the wheel at 12 and 6 o'clock, wiggle wiggle wiggle. A small "click" is great, a large "clunk" is too much play. No "click" at all may very well be too tight, which is also bad.

914 and 911 front wheel bearings will loosen up if you load them up enough. Autocrossing will make them looser and looser, and after a while they need to be tightened.

I've done the wheel bearing adjustment in 20 minutes on the "false grid" at Candlestick. To a competitor's car. (The bastard had the nerve to out-drive me after I got his car to pass tech!!! Imagine, being more skilled than me after that!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) )

--DD
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 05:55 PM