Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Converting 1 turn signal to 2
patssle
post Jul 10 2014, 03:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,741
Region Association: None

Swapping out tachs for my /6 conversion - the 911 tach has left and right turn signals vs. just one light for the /4 tach. I've found the instructions to do this but I'm a little confused. The blue/white wire from the turn signal flasher feeds the single light on the /4 tach. The instructions say to split this to both lights on the /6 tach - then run 2 wires from the emergency flasher that feed the exterior front/rear lights.

If those 2 wires are feeding the exterior lights and the blue/white wire feeds the interior light - isn't that 2 positives feeding each other if I hook them all to the tach lights?

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Jul 10 2014, 04:10 PM
Post #2

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031

The blue/white wire to the flasher should be connected to ground. Power then comes from the signal lights.

As designed the indicator lights get power from the flasher and are returned to ground through the opposite turn signal lights which are off when the other turn signal is flashing.

Notice how the right indicator is connected to the left turn signal bulbs and left indicator to the right turn signal bulbs.

So after connecting the blue/white wire to ground, you will swap the left and right indicators in the tachometer.
+Quote Post
patssle
post Jul 10 2014, 04:25 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(Spoke @ Jul 10 2014, 02:10 PM) *

The blue/white wire to the flasher should be connected to ground. Power then comes from the signal lights.

Grounding the blue/white wire does make sense. Thanks for the tip!
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Jul 10 2014, 04:39 PM
Post #4

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Notice how the right indicator is connected to the left turn signal bulbs and left indicator to the right turn signal bulbs.

So after connecting the blue/white wire to ground, you will swap the left and right indicators in the tachometer.

That's the back of the tach...

Why would the relay need two grounds?
+Quote Post
patssle
post Jul 10 2014, 07:48 PM
Post #5

I didn't bother to ground the blue/white wire. Just disconnected it because the lights ground through the gauge. Works great!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 01:22 AM