Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> riddle me this batman, saga continues
rhodyguy
post Jun 11 2003, 07:16 AM
Post #1

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

as per the haynes wiring diagram, the black/purple wirie runs from the #1(-) term on the coil to the #5 connection on the rear wire bundle on the relay panel. now then, should the #5 pin on the relay be a direct connection to ground?

kevin
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DNHunt
post Jun 11 2003, 08:12 AM
Post #2

914 Wizard? No way. I got too much to learn.

Member No.: 598

Kevin,

My manual shows the bl/pu wire goes to pin 5 through the 12 pin connector. Pin 5 is direct to pin 7 of the 14 pin connector and runs to the Tach. Kevin Check S9. It also looks to me like the ground path for the negative side of the coil is through the condenser or in your case the Compufire. I don't know the more I look at it the more confusing it looks.

Dave
+Quote Post
Rockaria
post Jun 11 2003, 08:14 AM
Post #3

ZippidyDoDah...

Member No.: 645
Region Association: None

Acording to what I have seen on my 75. The #5 pin on the relay board (12 point engine harness conection) goes to the #7 pin on the relayboard (14 point power harness) and of directly to the back of the tach post #1 completing the ground. The tach gets power from the wire on the back of the tach post #15 wich is from fuse #9 and shard with all the other power in the cluster. The tach works when the points ground and the tach goes up as the points ground faster as the engine ges faster.

EDIT: Dohhh... Dave beat me to it... Cool!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 05:11 PM