Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2.0 to 2250, First full day, break in
914Bryan
post Nov 20 2015, 09:56 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,162
Region Association: Southern California

First full day of a new 914 experience. I went from a stock 2.0 FI to a carbed 2250 and what a difference! I can't believe the torque and how it pulls. SO MUCH FUN! So I'm in the break-in period. The engine builder gave me some driving advice to break in the rings and he is a believer in "the lazy driving equals a lazy engine" theory. Just hold off buzzing it to 6,000, but if I need too, don't hold back!

I know there will be carb tinkering in my future, but for now this is a blast. Im gonna be looking for advice on jetting to take care of a small stumble going from part throttle to half throttle. If I mash it, it pulls clean, if I ease into it, there is a small hesitation.

Welcome to carb world? lol

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
somd914
post Nov 20 2015, 10:18 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 12,741
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Nice upgrade, enjoy it... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

I pick up the new teener tomorrow with a fresh 2258 in her, my current teener has a 2056 which I thought was a great enhancement over the stock 2.0. Test driving the 2258 was quite enjoyable and looking forward to the added power, but honestly the 2056 is fun also.

+Quote Post
brant
post Nov 20 2015, 10:34 AM
Post #3

914 Wizard

Member No.: 47
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(914Bryan @ Nov 20 2015, 08:56 AM) *

First full day of a new 914 experience. I went from a stock 2.0 FI to a carbed 2250 and what a difference! I can't believe the torque and how it pulls. SO MUCH FUN! So I'm in the break-in period. The engine builder gave me some driving advice to break in the rings and he is a believer in "the lazy driving equals a lazy engine" theory. Just hold off buzzing it to 6,000, but if I need too, don't hold back!

I know there will be carb tinkering in my future, but for now this is a blast. Im gonna be looking for advice on jetting to take care of a small stumble going from part throttle to half throttle. If I mash it, it pulls clean, if I ease into it, there is a small hesitation.

Welcome to carb world? lol

check your accelerator pumps... possibly too much (or even not enough) fuel at tip in
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
stugray
post Nov 20 2015, 11:13 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,819
Region Association: None

Get a wideband AFR gauge, a 'snail' synchrometer, and the tangerine throttle linkage.
+Quote Post
jimkelly
post Nov 20 2015, 11:18 AM
Post #5

Delaware USA

Member No.: 2,460

pls do a drive video if you can. nice upgrade it seems.
+Quote Post
somd914
post Nov 20 2015, 11:27 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 12,741

QUOTE(stugray @ Nov 20 2015, 12:13 PM) *

Get a wideband AFR gauge, a 'snail' synchrometer, and the tangerine throttle linkage.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) Personally I'm using a CSP bell crank linkage that McMark sold on a group buy a few years back. Either way, good linkage helps significantly.

As for AFR gauges, I'll see what everyone else says, I use an AEM, first sensor lasted less than 30 days, second one died at about the 14 month mark. Great tool when it's working, but so far I'm not impressed with longevity.

Also agree with Brant regarding accelerator pumps. I also upped my idle jets which cured my stumble on pulling away.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 06:30 AM