Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sway, Sway
Gunn1
post Apr 10 2016, 10:54 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,670
Region Association: None

Were sway bars (front and rear) part of a certain option/appearance group available on the 914?

Or could they be ordered as a "Stand alone" option
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Apr 10 2016, 03:08 PM
Post #2

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

F+R Sway Bars were both an individual option, & as part of the Performance Group of options (& including the Fuchs 2L or Pedrini or Mahle "Baby Gas Burner" 4-lug alloys).

They came as standard equipment along with the Appearance Group options on the early `73 MY 914-2.0 "914S" models from the start in Aug. `72 up thru about March-ish `73, & the sway bars & alloys were included on the later `73 914-2.0 "914 Sport" set-up.

See Dave Kawashima's `73 @ O&H or in the Garage &/or in the O&H nailed thread "The Few, the rare..." for the "914 Sport" (or PM him - dlkawashima is his screen name here IIRC) - & allso see my "914S' post in there for the included equipment for the"914S" info. (http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=107851).

In `74 MY they became added cost options or groups.

Jeff Bowlsby's site lists many/most of the factory options here:

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/OpEq.htm

Go back to his main page from there, & explore the wealth of info. he has on there, & look at his other 914 LE, 914 Wiring Harnesses & 914 Parts sites from the links there too - as all 4 are great resources which ANY 914er should have bookmarked!

Another great resource on equipment & options is p914.com & rates a permanent bookmark too!

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
TM_Corey
post Apr 10 2016, 03:49 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 19,809
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Mine are listed as an option on my 1974 2.0's original window sticker as "stabilizer bars-Front & Rear". The original dealer receipt list them as "Stabilizer Bars $145.00".

My car seems to have parts of an appearance package, but never had a center console or fog lights.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 07:43 AM